Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queue position 11

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
On this position in queue for 20 mins, redialed and was put on position 12, 15 mins later I am on pos 10. How does it take so long for the queue to go down, is there only one operator selling tickets ? This is a bloody shambles, and needs redressing by the club. I spent all yesterday morning trying to get tickets, as well as the evening. Tried on line for 2 tickets, one for me a blue member, and one for my son, a white member, but it only allows me to buy one ticket. I can buy individual tickets but that wont allow us to sit together.I have suported Brighton since 1948 and my son since 1972, so am not amongst the jump on the bandwagon brigade. Please Brighton get this sorted quickly. After 22mins I am now in pos 6.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It took me 30 minutes the other day to get through
To be fair to the club they do say on their pre recorded message that if you're at queue position 10 or above it may be best to re dial later
When I was waiting it suddenly went from queue position 10 to queue position 5 but then took AGES to get any higher
Good luck

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
2 Mins after posting this I am cut off, redial and am back to 13. With yesterday and today I have spent over 2 hours holding on for no avail,I hope someone at the club reads this post, to say I am angry is an understatement. It has now taken 7 mins to get to pos 11

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
I have suported Brighton since 1948 and my son since 1972, so am not amongst the jump on the bandwagon brigade

Wow. That must mean that you should automatically get through straight away.

Stop moaning, keep quiet and be happy with position 12. If you're not happy, buy online.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I have suported Brighton since 1948 and my son since 1972,

I'm presuming your son was born in 1972.
If before, why didn't you support him from birth?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Had the same problem yesterday.

In the end I emailed ticket office for fans numbers and did it online, much less stressful

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Stop moaning, keep quiet and be happy with position 12. If you're not happy, buy online.

People who keep saying "Buy online" whenever there's a thread complaining the ticket office are getting rather tedious. The OP stated quite clearly why he couldn't buy online so it's less than helpful suggesting it.

This is the third thread, at least, about the ticket office recently so it's obviously a major concern. People have to work in the day and shouldn't really have to allow 90 minutes to get through to a ticket office. I think it's perfectly reasonable to wait 15 to 20 minutes to get through but the waiting periods are getting ridiculous.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can't understand how the online system is so difficult? Just pair your accounts up in friends and family and then buy together - works for me, all my mates, works for Brighton games, England games....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't understand how the online system is so difficult? Just pair your accounts up in friends and family and then buy together - works for me, all my mates, works for Brighton games, England games....
If you haven't already set up friends and family, then log in, buy one ticket, log out and then let your son log in and buy his ticket.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mods: any chance of a separate forum for threads about the ticket office?

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
I've re-read your post, and can only assume you simply like to moan a lot. I am in exactly the same position, where I buy tickets for myself and my son - it's very simple to buy them online, and can always get two next to each other.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Stop hanging up! As you will go straighht back to the end of the queue. Our call centre gets this all the time, an angry customer comes through saying it's taken them say 20 mins to get through. When you look into all the stats no it hasn't they kept hanging up after 2-3 mins and ringing back. twats.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I said on the other thread and will say again. At the moment they have THREE people in the ticket office.

Two serving those who go into the counter and one on the phone.

Monday morning it was rammed and didnt help with IDIOTS like an old dear insisting on receipts for tickets she bought a month ago, people asking for a Watford ticket when there was a SIGN ON THE DOOR saying selling to STHs only and being refused because they were not STHs. Then QUERYING why this was the case. Taking up more f***ing time of the staff.

Plus! PLUS! We have some big away games coming up all close together they must be rushed off their feet. Also then THEN! Their system crashed yesterday while people were still queueing (my dad had to wait in the Q in the shop for half an hr yesterday). Add that people were STILL asking idiotic questions like can I have three Watford tickets, yes are they all white members - err no. Ok well you need to be a white member etc etc.

I agree holding on for that length of time is not acceptable, but it is understandable.

I never buy tix from the website (Im lucky enough to be able to go into the shop) but would agree that system needs looking at.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
SPRINGAL, thanks for the advice, but how can I pair up ? I cant find a way to do it, can you advise please ?

THUNDERBALL I suggest you take the same advice that I gave to Yorkshire Seagull and read the post fully

By The Way after a further 57 mins I managed to get tickets, Iwas told by the young lady serving me that there are approx 1000 tickets left.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Both log into your accounts, click friends and family, fill in the details (the other person fan number, postcode, DOB[??]) then you should be able to add 2 tickets, then assign 1 to each of you.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think the worst thing about this crappy system (and yes, I know the staff we have try their hardest) is when newbies try to get tickets and are put off completely. My colleague tried to get 4 tickets for the Pompey match (1 for him + 3 kids); queued for an hour on the ticket line only to go through to the main office, who said they couldn't help. Thus four potential AMEX season ticket holders are instantly alienated from the club. They were quite happy to sit in the west stand and there was space for them there.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the worst thing about this crappy system (and yes, I know the staff we have try their hardest) is when newbies try to get tickets and are put off completely. My colleague tried to get 4 tickets for the Pompey match (1 for him + 3 kids); queued for an hour on the ticket line only to go through to the main office, who said they couldn't help. Thus four potential AMEX season ticket holders are instantly alienated from the club. They were quite happy to sit in the west stand and there was space for them there.

Quite agree dude but did the police ask the club (bearing in mind Pompeys errr "reputation") to sell to existing database people only hence the difficulty? Unless of course they were on the database!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here