Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions for you knowledgable chaps...

Ringo

Jan 22, 2008
Newick
I'm a relatively new 'hardcore' fan of the Seagulls so my BHA knowledge base is lacking in several areas, but I'm working on it. While you may reminisce about the good old days in the 70s and 80s but painfully remember the crimes of the 90s, anything pre-McGee is news to me! It's an interesting situation to be in.

So anyway I've been wondering a few things for a while about the club so thought I'd pick your generous brains to get the answers...

1. (Although before my time) what was Brighton's route to the FA Cup final in 1983? i.e. which other teams did we cast aside up to the clash with Manchester United?

2. Where does the team train in Falmer? On the Seagulls website they interview people at a ground with a wooded boundary and clubhouse-like building on a steep bank. Where is this?

3. Has Brighton ever featured on Soccer AM's cross-bar challenge, skill skool or had a soccerette who supports us? I saw we had fans on the other week...

4. Who is the First Team Coach? Did we have one this season under Micky Adams? Was MA both manager and first team coach?

:bowdown:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
1) Newcastle (a, 1-0), Man City (h, 4-0), Liverpool (a, 2-1), Norwich (h, 1-0), Sheff Wed (2-1)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2. Where does the team train in Falmer? On the Seagulls website they interview people at a ground with a wooded boundary and clubhouse-like building on a steep bank. Where is this?

At the Falmer Sports Complex, which is at the top (or East) of the University of Sussex campus, it is part of the UoS.

QUOTE]

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
3. Has Brighton ever featured on Soccer AM's cross-bar challenge, skill skool or had a soccerette who supports us? I saw we had fans on the other week...

I beleive Currie or Carpenter hit the cross bar about 3 years ago when we did CBC,
never seen an Albion soccerette or skills school

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1) Newcastle (a, 1-0), Man City (h, 4-0), Liverpool (a, 2-1), Norwich (h, 1-0), Sheff Wed (2-1)

Watching The Big Match Revisited, proves what a fantastic result the Liverpool game was.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
They did a skill skool last season.

I think they did a crossbar challenge 2 seasons ago.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

At the Falmer Sports Complex, which is at the top (or East) of the University of Sussex campus, it is part of the UoS.
I live here, but can't seem to find it. :blush:

Obviously the astroturf I can see, but as for the grass pitches they play on, I'm lost?

EDIT: Ohhh, University of Sussex. Ignore this!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They did a skill skool last season.

I think they did a crossbar challenge 2 seasons ago.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNPigRIiC7c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNPigRIiC7c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]
YouTube - Kane Louis V Dan Royce On Soccer Am's Skill Skool

The quality is crap, but it's Kane Louis vs Dan Royce. I can't find the Brighton cross bar challenge, I seem to recall Doug Loft getting close. :love:

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You can find highlights of all the decisive games in the FA Cup run of 1983 here on Seagulls TV, a website I put together about the glory years of 1976 to 1983. The only game it doesn't include is the first Newcastle match at the Goldstone.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We did the crossbar challenge a couple of years ago... the youtube vid of it was even posted on NSC!

Guy Butters introduced himself as an apprentice,
Doug Loft nearly hit the crossbar, Zesh Rehman, Sully and Alexis Bertin also took part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here