Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions for DK Official thread for next week

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Are the club going to invest in some more forks at Withdean? If so, are we going to get tried and tested english forks, or a cheaper but unproven alternative?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
BensGrandad said:
Now you are on the same planet as me show me where I have said my claims have no basis whatsover.

Thanks for assuring me though that your claims have no basis whatsoever. [/B]

What part of that sentence do you not understand?

So it's perfectly clear - I am saying that by refusing to give me any evidence to back up your claims, I can carry on presuming that you are talking gibberish.

I am not accusing you of denying your own opinions - you are clearly convinced of the veracity of your own nonsense.

Is that clear?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DJ Leon said:
What part of that sentence do you not understand?

So it's perfectly clear - I am saying that by refusing to give me any evidence to back up your claims, I can carry on presuming that you are talking gibberish.

I am not accusing you of denying your own opinions - you are clearly convinced of the veracity of your own nonsense.

Is that clear?

The claims that DK has been instrumental in signing certain players rather than MM has been posted on here many times all that I said waas that I couldnt be bothered to thumb through thopusands of posts to find them but that doesn't mean that the acusations are without foundation.

I am sure that there are many people on here with far greater knowledge of computers who could pin point these posts quicker than I ever could.

BensGrandad said:
What planet are you on?

I have never suggested that my claims have no basis whatsoever.

I have been a staunch BHA supporter for the past 60 years. I consider that I did as much as anybody to help rid the club of Archer Bellotti and Stanley and the fact that at the time I thought and still do think that Dk doesn't have the money needed to run this club should not be taken by anybody as an indication that I am totally anti everything the board does.

I believe and hope that once Adenstar have been granted the building rights to Falmer, Derek Chapman will take over as Chairman from DK.

Since when does the chairman have to be the one with all the money? Hasn't done Chelsea much harm. The role of the chairman is to oversee the running of the club and deal with the media/fans. The real shame is that you won't admit that you have a personal vendetta against Dick Knight because his consortium went the extra mile, depriving you and your friends of profit and glory. No matter how many times you bluster, you cannot hold a balanced argument about Knight without resorting to unsubstanciated claims and speculation about finance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Great Cornholio said:
Since when does the chairman have to be the one with all the money? Hasn't done Chelsea much harm. The role of the chairman is to oversee the running of the club and deal with the media/fans. The real shame is that you won't admit that you have a personal vendetta against Dick Knight because his consortium went the extra mile, depriving you and your friends of profit and glory. No matter how many times you bluster, you cannot hold a balanced argument about Knight without resorting to unsubstanciated claims and speculation about finance.

It is usual for the man with the money invested to be the Chairman but obviously not essential.

This post is not about what I think of DK and his money it is about the fact that it has been suggested by some that DK has been instrumental in signing players which is the point that DJ Leon is trying to pick me up on. I have just been tryin g to justify the argument that this has been suggested on NSC by many.

The fact that I think that DK will sell up and get the remainder of his money back and move on is totally immaterial. This is only a personal opinion based upon the information that is available for anybody to research on public records.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Too much squabling. I'd ask him his long term plans and how he thought the Falmer/LDC thing was going.

BensGrandad said:
I believe and hope that once Adenstar have been granted the building rights to Falmer, Derek Chapman will take over as Chairman from DK.
:lolol: :lolol:

That is one of the more ridiculous claims you have made.

Adenstar are not in the business of building football stadiums.

From the Company's own website:-

About Us

The major company in the Adenstar Construction Group was formed in 1982 and carries out either traditional, or design and build, building and civil engineering contracts in Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire up to a maximum value of £5 million.

http://www.adenstar-group.co.uk/developments_home.htm

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
:lolol: :lolol:

That is one of the more ridiculous claims you have made.

Adenstar are not in the business of building football stadiums.

From the Company's own website:-

About Us

The major company in the Adenstar Construction Group was formed in 1982 and carries out either traditional, or design and build, building and civil engineering contracts in Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire up to a maximum value of £5 million.

http://www.adenstar-group.co.uk/developments_home.htm

That being the case why did Adenstar loan the club £500k on the condition that they were included on the list to tender for the building of Falmer. That was widely reported at the time.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So they would get some of the work I suppose.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is it true that the club signed Turienzo without realising they would have to pay his agent a large fee (150k)?

Is it true that Chaigneau was signed against McGhee's wishes?

When do you honestly expect Falmer to be opened by?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Will we be looking to keep our players and maybe invest a little, to come straight back up? Or are we going to sell a couple of players and look to stabalise for a season or two?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
MM is employed to win football matches. As he isnt why is he still in a job?

BensGrandad said:
That being the case why did Adenstar loan the club £500k on the condition that they were included on the list to tender for the building of Falmer. That was widely reported at the time.
I've no doubt that Adenstar can be involved in the project. I just don't expect them to be the main contractors to build the stadium.

I guess the tendering process will be a complicated one, given the public sector involvement and the need to comply with Best Value rules and European tendering legislation.

Fortunately the Club has a Chief Executive who fully understands project management processes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here