Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions about HASTINGS

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Questions about HASTINGS

London Irish said:
The Hastings newspaper is the only paper, including nationals, where I've ever been turned down for a job :blush:

Bravo Richie ;) :thumbsup: :clap2:

Cheers.

I am heading down this weekend to give the place the once over.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Really...might head down for that.

Thanks for the advice.

From what I can see it has plus points of:

a) bound to be loads of meaty news stories to write.

b) cheap to live

But bad points

a) Chav central.

b) I am likely to get stabbed.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I have run two half marathons in my life and they were both in Hastings.

I thought it would at least guarantee the fact I would keep running.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hastings is a delightful ville with a truly cosmopolitan atmosphere,many great places to eat and drink,has a wonderful seashore with an atmospheric fishermans quarter,and wonderful transport connections.

And though I'm glad I came,perhaps my favourit thing about Hastings is leaving it.

Bill the Conk.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Transport links in and out of Hastings are dire, which might explain why no one can be arsed to leave the place....

A train to London takes over an hour and half, and the A21 'trunk road' down from the M25 is single lane from Tunbridge Wells.

If you need to get somewhere in a hurry, forget it....

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Richie Morris said:
Really...might head down for that.

Thanks for the advice.

From what I can see it has plus points of:

a) bound to be loads of meaty news stories to write.

b) cheap to live

But bad points

a) Chav central.

b) I am likely to get stabbed.

I'll sharpen my blade then. :lolol:

One of the main players for the local rag is an Albion fan so you should be alright there. There is money to be made if you buy the right property and Hastings is getting millions of EU money for regeneration. The "old town" once had (may still) the most pubs per square mile in the country. So there is a night life but not as glam as you are probably used to. It's the same as most towns/cities some parts are no go areas. Even Eastbourne has got it's bandit country althiough they say thank you after they've mugged you!

The only downside is the opportunity for investment means that too many flash cockneys are moving in. Still you'd be alright there wouldn't you.;)

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Re: Re: Re: Questions about HASTINGS

s.stubbs said:
Perhaps they allready had an agony aunt.

No the town lacks quality attention seekers. It seems like the perfect job for life for Mr Morris (i assume no relation to Johnny?).

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I am an estate agent in Bexhill. Prices are on the down in Bexhill and its quite a quaint town, but as someone previously said "gods waiting room" which is very true and raised a laugh. Hastings has three clubs, of which fluid is the best. albeit a bit small. I live in St. Leonards, and although many have condemned this place, it is no way near as bad as Sidley !!!

Who is going to the Hastings match on the 1st August ?

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Erm, if i was buying a property, I wouldnt buy in Hastings. Just out of interest Richie, If you do wanna buy in bexhill or St.Leonards. Give me a ring or visit our website

cheers mate,www.redwell-estates.co.uk or phone us tomorrow on 01424 224242. Ask for David. Im off tomorrow though.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
From what I remember, Hastings gets lots of Scandinavian girls visiting in the summer and they have very loose morals.

Creamy

Jul 29, 2005
I'd rather suck your cock than live in Hastings Richie Morris.

It's horrible.

Apart from the sea.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Referee87 said:
I am an estate agent in Bexhill. Prices are on the down in Bexhill and its quite a quaint town, but as someone previously said "gods waiting room" which is very true and raised a laugh. Hastings has three clubs, of which fluid is the best. albeit a bit small. I live in St. Leonards, and although many have condemned this place, it is no way near as bad as Sidley !!!

Who is going to the Hastings match on the 1st August ?
all of the ore council house crew

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
How do I get to the ground on Monday?

Yorkie said:
How do I get to the ground on Monday?

Easiest way to find it is to come along The Ridge. To do this, go through Battle and follow signs to Folkstone - NOT Hastings. A couple of miles past the Conquest Hospital, you'll come across a cemetary on your left. Opposite the entrance to the cemetary is Elphinstone Road. Turn right into Elphinstone Road and the ground is a quarter of a mile down on the left. Be aware that you will come to the old St Leonards ground first - The Pilot Field is right next door to this so just go on a little bit further. Plenty of on street parking.

Word of warning - don't try going the coast road way - you will sit at Ravenside Industrial Estate for hours

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here