Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If Dick Knight cant even sign a striker from Grays Athletic how the f*** are we supposed to think this man can deliver a £20 million + stadium?

I am very concerned.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Maybe signing a person to play football is different to project managing the funding and build of a footall stidium. I am not an expert in either but I would assume they require different skills, knowledge and technical expertise.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perry Milkins said:
Maybe signing a person to play football is different to project managing the funding and build of a footall stidium. I am not an expert in either but I would assume they require different skills, knowledge and technical expertise.

Quite right, Perry. Slightly different 'projects' don't you think, Dan?

If Grays rejected the offer, why would we want to pay more than his value if there is no guarantee that he will improve the team?

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Perry Milkins said:

possibly - but your first point very much relates to the successful future of the your second point - IMHO

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Of course they require different skills, the Grays player was an example, but I would assume that signing and sub £150k football player is infinately easier than building a ground and we cant do it for toffee!!!!!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Albion Dan said:
Of course they require different skills, the Grays player was an example, but I would assume that signing and sub £150k football player is infinately easier than building a ground and we cant do it for toffee!!!!!

A Financial Construction Executive would not know here to begin in negotiating a deal/contract for a football player so I would think he /she would find it harder.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Albion Dan said:

I know it sounds easy but you cant make a club sell, even a non league one, especially when £150k is all you have to barter with, but even more so you cant make a player sign a contract! Players have their own agendas, and throw a greedy agent into the mix and sometimes you have no chance! They 'advise' these players, even though they know fook all about football but they have them by the short and curlies because of the percentage they take. Unfortunately these days it's not always about football, its all about the money. :(

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Albion Dan said:
If Dick Knight cant even sign a striker from Grays Athletic

Because. The. f***ing. Chairman. Of. Grays. Didn't. Want. To. Sell.

Duh.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Race said:
I know it sounds easy but you cant make a club sell, even a non league one, especially when £150k is all you have to barter with, but even more so you cant make a player sign a contract! Players have their own agendas, and throw a greedy agent into the mix and sometimes you have no chance! They 'advise' these players, even though they know fook all about football but they have them by the short and curlies because of the percentage they take. Unfortunately these days it's not always about football, its all about the money. :(
The point is that an awful lot of similar sized clubs seem to manage within these obvious contraints. Have a look at The Times transfer deadline section today and you'll see.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Re: Re: Question?

bhafc99 said:
Because. The. f***ing. Chairman. Of. Grays. Didn't. Want. To. Sell.

Duh.

I said the Grays player was an EXAMPLE!!! DUH!

Replace him with any of the othe 6000 strikers we have been linked with if you like. Other clubs manage to sign players, we get f*** all.

We are trying to sign a player from Grays, one from Barnet, and another from Leyton f***ing Orient who cant even get in the team. If these teams managed to get these players then why cant we get similar?

In fact looking at the players we tried to sign yesterday you have to worry about where this club is heading anyway.

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Simster said:
The point is that an awful lot of similar sized clubs seem to manage within these obvious contraints. Have a look at The Times transfer deadline section today and you'll see.

Yeah I know other clubs managed to sign players and I can see that it's frustrating for you lot to see it, all I'm saying is that it isnt as straight forward as agreeing a fee and waving a contract under a players nose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here