Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Has any Albion player scored an international goal (whilst under contract with us) other than Penney. Can't remember if Byrne scored on his recall in 90-91 (wales in a friendly).

(this has been asked on the official msg board and I don't know the answer)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Peter Ward in under 21's at the Goldstone. Does that count?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Who did Gerry Armstrong play for when he scored for Northern Ireland in 1982?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Yorkie said:
Has any Albion player scored an international goal (whilst under contract with us) other than Penney. Can't remember if Byrne scored on his recall in 90-91 (wales in a friendly).

(this has been asked on the official msg board and I don't know the answer)

I think Byrne scored twice in that game, played in the snow if I recall correctly.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did Irvine score for Northern Ireland in the Home Internationals in 1971 or 1972 at Wembley?

He may have only got the assist.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't Ryan and Robinson score for Ireland whilst playing for us?

Buzza - I was at that game when N. Ireland won 1-0 at Wembley. I think the 'real' goal was scored by either Terry Neill or Derek Dougan. I say 'real' goal because Irvine stuck the ball in the net for a joke when he was miles offside and everybody else had stopped. He then ran away celebrating the fact he'd scored against England at Wembley as if it was going to count (he knew he was offside). Sort of thing you get booked for nowadays.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mark Lawrenson got 5 for The Republic of Ireland, but not sure if he was playing for us at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here