Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question to the mod who keeps deleting threads today

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Perhaps you ought to tell us who's pulling your strings. NSC is supposed to be an independent voice of the fans. Not the official organ of spin from the club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Perhaps you ought to tell us who's pulling your strings. NSC is supposed to be an independent voice of the fans. Not the official organ of spin from the club.
*sigh* I think you'll find the "inner circle" is a figment of Wozza's imagination.

Deleting two threads because one person asked a question that one of the directors of the club might not like is perfectly normal and happens all the time.

I've been posting, and before that lurking on NSC for 6 years but I am completely surprised by the recent thread deletions. I'm starting to view the site in a very different light, which is a shame. I vote Wozza for the next mod slot.

Stumpy Tim

Move on everyone. There's nothing to see here.

BUT, theoretically like, if a Brighton Director - let's call him DelBoy Chipman to avoid any confusion - was facing bankruptcy... what would that mean to the Albion?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What threads have been deleted?

I wouldn't be surpirsed if the Derek Chapman one was, considering it was about somebody's personal situation.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Possibly, being that he brought us all soup when we protested on the bridge over the A27 that time. Maybe he even asked for it to be deleted.

Aren't you lot just on the wind anyway?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've been posting, and before that lurking on NSC for 6 years but I am completely surprised by the recent thread deletions. I'm starting to view the site in a very different light, which is a shame. I vote Wozza for the next mod slot.
Didn't Wozza used to BE a mod when he was called Nathan Barley? In fact I believe that it was a direct result of his NAZI modding that NSP got set up ...

BTW I was fully expecting to be banned today under the 'don't abuse other posters' rule. Just so so you know it's ok to call people pea-brained moronic wankers and sad fuckers without it being deemed insulting.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair to the mods, when you're considering libel/slander type stuff the audience is a factor. Lies about Derek Chapman (if they were) on here would do him far more damage than some thread about Northern Rock/Lehman would do them, because of the audience.

I've got no idea whether it was true or not what was posted, but I do know that you need to err on the side of caution with stuff like that if you haven't got a scooby.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair to the mods, when you're considering libel/slander type stuff the audience is a factor. Lies about Derek Chapman (if they were) on here would do him far more damage than some thread about Northern Rock/Lehman would do them, because of the audience.

I've got no idea whether it was true or not what was posted, but I do know that you need to err on the side of caution with stuff like that if you haven't got a scooby.
I'm telling you now, there was nothing remotely libellous in Smythe's original post. In fact that whole thread was going nowhere until Colbourne Kid stuck his oar in.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't a football director take out legal action against a message board recently and is that a clue as to why the deletion ?

I would imagine claiming that Archer wanted to sell the Goldstone for personal gain would have been libellous too.

The real issue is that people close to the club are deleting threads. This isn't China

Top post.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would imagine claiming that Archer wanted to sell the Goldstone for personal gain would have been libellous too.

The real issue is that people close to the club are deleting threads. This isn't China

You don't want threads deleted and it's a fine line, good judgment is called for and a bit of libel law knowledge wouldn't go amiss, although that is a big ask for a message-board mod.

Freedom of speech should be basically just that - but occasionally it comes with a bit of responsibility. You could argue, for different reasons, that it's the same with racist stuff.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It looked potentially libellous to me; couldn't see what the post author was trying to achieve either.

The evening argus quotes a boss who saysa that turnover is down 90% and he's laid off 80% of his workforce. Subsequently a bloke on here says that he hears the company is in trouble. I see no libel there.

And since when does a post on nsc need a point? If that was the case my post count would be 2

Didn't a football director take out legal action against a message board recently and is that a clue as to why the deletion ?

I think a poster on the Doncaster message board was successfully sued for libel last year. My memory's not perfect so it may have been a different club; I don't know whether the wronged party was a club director.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here