Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for you die hard Albion fans.

Have you ever been to every game in a season?

• Yes

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 63.5%

• Total voters

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I did it once. The year we came second bottom to Doncaster. One Tuesday night away at Walsall in the Auto Windscreens cup I did begin to wonder what the f*** I was doing! Somehow we managed to field a WEAKENED team and lost 5 nil.

If I remember rightly that included all of Jeff Woods games in charge. Personal favourite was the one at Mansfield when you could only see about a quarter of the pitch.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I did it in the 2004-05 season where we stayed up in the Championship.

It helped alot that we got knocked out in both cups at the first attempt (Bristol Rovers at home and Spurs away)

I had only started regualry going to away games the season before so i was ticking off a new ground pretty much every away game.

I got really close to doing 100 games in a row as part of them 48 games in that season which started off with Wrexham at home around November 2003 and ended due to the Sheffield Wednesday game being moved to a monday night at short notice because of sky, i had a train ticket booked and everything for the saturday date.
After that i seemed to miss a fair few away games like the heavy defeats at Reading and Sheffield United and missed Plymouth, Crewe and a few others...

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Only miss a couple of midweek games because I can't get time off work, adds up to about 3 a season missed - plus I don't bother with Paint Pot games

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'd like to try and do it one season, don't think I will though.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I was on for it ... but now I'm missing tomorrows and next Tuesdays

I miss roughly two or three a season so far ..

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I had a nice run of home games from the start of 68/69 up to 1985 when mrs was ill, although i did miss the home barnet FA cup game in 1982.

I also did a few seasons of every game but it was easy then as Albion were in their glory years from 76/77 up to the Cup final in 1983.

I did lapse a fair bit in the 80's and rarely travelled, even to southern games but got into it more as my lads grew.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I had a nice run of home games from the start of 68/69 up to 1985 when mrs was ill, although i did miss the home barnet FA cup game in 1982.

I also did a few seasons of every game but it was easy then as Albion were in their glory years from 76/77 up to the Cup final in 1983.

I did lapse a fair bit in the 80's and rarely travelled, even to southern games but got into it more as my lads grew.

FG

Said like a true Albion fan and gent.

Even if it was "it was easy then as Albion were in their glory years" you still showed!

You are to modest and alot of the younger posters on this board, such as me, could learn from you.

Last edited:

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I did 4 years in a row without missing a game in my student days, and went 9 years without missing a home game, including the Gillingham years.

I then gave up my season ticket after the 1st relagation from the Championship and stopped going to home games as it was becoming a a chore.

I still went to most away games and finally got a season ticket again this season

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I did it in 2004 when we got promoted via tha play offs, I remember queueing for tickets for the play off final at Withdean, and some guy accused me of being a glory hunter and slagging me off. I had been to FIFTY games already that season.

Then queued with a carrier bag full of cash for tickets for 42 of NSCs finest and their WAGs and HABs

I missed 2 games then until 2006, then I moved to India, missing LOADS of games. Think I have missed about 10 games since I got back in December 2006

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
from the 3rd to the 1st through to the cup final ....but missed the replay and went to very nearly every away game as well

does anyone else remember the seagulls specials with Ron Pavey as our jovial host

all games at Gillingham, all home games at Withdean until 5 years ago - the birth of my daughter.

Over that period I only missed away games that I could not physically reach and return by public transport. EG Hartlepool on a Tuesday night!

All of these from East London.

Last edited:

I had a mate a true Leeds Fan.

Never missed a game from 18 early 30's when he had to attend his best friends wedding as the best man. His mate had never ever missed a game over that period, but his wife to be stipulated that on just one day he had to miss a game.

As far as I am aware he still has not missed any other games. Been to Italian, Turkey Leeds games etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here