Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for London workers...

Re: Re: Re: Question for London workers...

London Irish said:
And he can buy them on the train, can't he? From the helpful ticket inspectors?
Only if he's got the exact money.

If he's come out without any cash, the helpful inspectors will ask him to settle up next time he sees them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for London workers...

Lord Bracknell said:
Only if he's got the exact money.

If he's come out without any cash, the helpful inspectors will ask him to settle up next time he sees them.

In the form of a Penalty Fare....................

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
afters said:
don't be daft of course you can. a hove to london ticket works perfectly well at brighton!
Tsk, fool - as if I haven't tried. I'll bet you that my Hove-Farringdon ticket doesn't work IN THE AUTOMATIC BARRIERS at Brighton any day of the week. In fact, I'll try it again tonight.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
hove born&bred said:
It is £3024 from Preston Park to Brighton outrageous

I think you're being conned mate! The rest of this lot are paying £3024 for Hove to LONDON!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Jesus £3000 for a yearly train ticket.

For the same price you could buy a season ticket at Withdean for the next 6 years !!!!:nono:

On second thoughts I'd get more pleasure from sitting on a train day day in day out with all those smelly, sweaty commuters than watching Brighton play at the moment.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Man of Harveys said:
Tsk, fool - as if I haven't tried. I'll bet you that my Hove-Farringdon ticket doesn't work IN THE AUTOMATIC BARRIERS at Brighton any day of the week. In fact, I'll try it again tonight.

well my hove london bridge ticket works perfectly for the two days a week i travel from brighton and IN THE AUTOMATIC BARRIERS fool

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
afters said:
well my hove london bridge ticket works perfectly for the two days a week i travel from brighton and IN THE AUTOMATIC BARRIERS fool
Right, outside. :flameboun

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
afters said:

I can endorse what MoH says: I had a monthly season ticket (well, I had 11 of them) from Hove to Farringdon and not one of them worked in an automatic barrier.

I now have a yearly one from Moulsecoomb to Farringdon and that doesn't work in the automatic barrier either.

Are you sure you're going from Brighton? :)

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Man of Harveys said:
I'll try it again tonight.
Well, did it work? Don't leave us all hanging in suspenders, we need to know.

Thanks for the sensible replies to my patheticly worded question.

:jester:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trigger said:
Well, did it work? Don't leave us all hanging in suspenders, we need to know.
I forgot to try it. :down: :down: :down:

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
For some reason the annual ticket from West Worthing to East Croydon went down by £400 - nice!

It's now a mere £2032. Damn site cheaper than going right into London, but it is the Croydon shithole I guess.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Actually my ST from Portslade to London , the ticket doesnt work at the barriers in Hove!!!

It works every where else though

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here