Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for London workers...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If you catch the train that is... Is there a yearly season ticket/pass you can get that covers Brighton to London and how much is it?...

Or someone link me to somewhere that may tell me.

Many thanks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Portslade to London is £3024

So Brighton would be probably about £3k

You could get a "all zones" ticket which gives you a travel card on top of the season ticket and works out around £500. But i would recommend getting an Oyster card ( bit like a plastic train/tube/bus weekly/monthly ticket)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've bought tickets from Hove and from Moulsecoomb as it's cheaper than buying them from Brighton: don't ask me to explain the economics of that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dave the Gaffer said:
Portslade to London is £3024

So Brighton would be probably about £3k

You could get a "all zones" ticket which gives you a travel card on top of the season ticket and works out around £500. But i would recommend getting an Oyster card ( bit like a plastic train/tube/bus weekly/monthly ticket)
Not that your salary is any of my business, but I'll ask anyway. Do you get a Season Ticket Loan? Is that fairly standard nowadays?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trigger said:
If you catch the train that is... Is there a yearly season ticket/pass you can get that covers Brighton to London

No Trigger, there isn't. You have to buy a seperate ticket each day, cash only.

D

Deleted User X18H

It is £3024 from Preston Park to Brighton outrageous although it is the same price from Littlehampton I believe don't tell me you are going to work in London ???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Gwylan said:
I've bought tickets from Hove and from Moulsecoomb as it's cheaper than buying them from Brighton: don't ask me to explain the economics of that.
Same here - the people at Brighton ticket office advised me to do that. It's weird that a) they're cheaper and b) they're valid but still you can't use a Hove ticket in the automatic ticket barriers. I'll ask the hearing dog if he knows why that is.

D

Deleted User X18H

Barnet Seagull said:
From Hemel Hempstead it's £3220 and you think it's expensive for you lot!
What is that for a semi or a terraced

Re: Re: Question for London workers...

Tom Hark said:
No Trigger, there isn't. You have to buy a seperate ticket each day, cash only.

And he can buy them on the train, can't he? From the helpful ticket inspectors?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Man of Harveys said:
Same here - the people at Brighton ticket office advised me to do that. It's weird that a) they're cheaper and b) they're valid but still you can't use a Hove ticket in the automatic ticket barriers. I'll ask the hearing dog if he knows why that is.

:lolol:

What amazes me is that you can't use the Moulsecoomb ticket in the automatic barrier and to get to London on it, you have to change at Brighton. Nor does my ticket to Farringdon work in the automatic barrier at London Bridge.

I wouldn't mind betting that I'm the only person with a Moulsecoomb to Farringdon season ticket.

How are you getting on with the hearing dog BTW? Asked it out for a drink yet?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Gwylan said:
How are you getting on with the hearing dog BTW? Asked it out for a drink yet?
I feel quite hurt. It gives my hand a massive licking for 20 minutes, then doesn't write, doesn't phone. :down:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The Large One said:
Not that your salary is any of my business, but I'll ask anyway. Do you get a Season Ticket Loan? Is that fairly standard nowadays?

I think it depends where you work. I gather we do season ticket loans here for anyone paid under 35k, but not for those over. I've been communting Shoreham to London Bridge for 18 years, only ever had monthly tickets and never had a company loan.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Man of Harveys said:
I feel quite hurt. It gives my hand a massive licking for 20 minutes, then doesn't write, doesn't phone. :down:

It's probably because you treat it as a bit of ruff

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Man of Harveys said:

It's USING you :nono:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Free of charge for me (well £500 PA benefit in kind tax) and the reason - I once worked for that bastardised company British Rail :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:

Yes I do

3024 spread over 12 months

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bry Nylon said:
It's USING you :nono:
*sniff* Exactly. I feel like a tuppeny whore. That's inflation for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here