Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for Croydon Bloke

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I think it will be cracking evening. There is nothing better than a hostile crowd at an evening game. I only hope our boys turn up on the pitch this time. Nothing worse than building your hopes and dreams up only for your worst enemy to turn you over :-(.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
SurreySeagulls said:
I think it will be cracking evening. There is nothing better than a hostile crowd at an evening game. I only hope our boys turn up on the pitch this time. Nothing worse than building your hopes and dreams up only for your worst enemy to turn you over :-(.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Re: Re: Question for Croydon Bloke

Croydonbloke said:

Should be 24,500 plus crowd as there will be a big segregation between Palace and Brighton in the AW.

Out of interest, could one of the Palace fans tell me why you stick the away fans right next to your most vocal set of fans (upper section of the Arthur Wait nearest to the Holmesdale). Surely that is asking for trouble. Wouldn't they be better off in the Sainsbury's End or in the lower section of the Arthur Wait?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Re: Re: Re: Question for Croydon Bloke

West Hoathly Seagull said:
Out of interest, could one of the Palace fans tell me why you stick the away fans right next to your most vocal set of fans (upper section of the Arthur Wait nearest to the Holmesdale). Surely that is asking for trouble. Wouldn't they be better off in the Sainsbury's End or in the lower section of the Arthur Wait?

or just give us the Holmesdale .... we could fill it!

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Re: Re: Re: Question for Croydon Bloke

There's no 'upper section of the Arthur Waite' it's just one whole stand. What do you mean? Towards the back????

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Croydonbloke said:
Just look at the league table and the result will be obvious.
Are you making another of your infamous predictions then?:lolol: :lolol: :drink:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
bakesy said:
Are you making another of your infamous predictions then?:lolol: :lolol: :drink:
I don`t need to predict the outcome of this one Baskey. If you wish me to then a 3-1 victory to the mighty Palace, yes I think we`ll gift you a consolation goal.

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Croydon Bloke

eagles #1 said:
There's no 'upper section of the Arthur Waite' it's just one whole stand. What do you mean? Towards the back????

No, I mean why are away fans not down towards the Sainsbury's End or in that end itself? It seems a little strange to put them closest to your most vocal supporters.

Billingshurst Eagle

Jan 21, 2004
West Sussex
Are we looking foreward to this game?

You bet your sweet sisters fanny we are!
Can't wait!

Also especially glad that Jordan has decided not to give your lot the entire Arthur Waite stand and thereby increase the home crowd. The noise will be awesome.

Hope the police don't keep you in too long this time - you might miss your trains!

Gonna be fun on the way home boys!

Billingshurst Eagle

Jan 21, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Croydon Bloke

No, I mean why are away fans not down towards the Sainsbury's End or in that end itself? It seems a little strange to put them closest to your most vocal supporters.
The executive box holders would not be too happy to have a load of away fans under their seats every game - that is why.

Where ever the away fans are will be the vocal home support in a proper ground - rather than on the last corner before the home straight on the local athletics track.

By the way - hope Falmer gets the go ahead - be nice to bring 2-3000 away fans again.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Croydon Bloke

But the banter between the Home and Away fans is hilarious. This season has had me in Stitches. We've played clubs that are quite far away from us so far this season, so they havent brought many along. Usually you get the lairy fellas down the front near the Holmesdale, I think every home game so far a single fan has been picked out by the Palace fans, for instance a guy was wearing pink shirt cue chants of "who's the waanker in the pink? who's the waanker..." The look on their faces when they realise several thousand are all pointing and laughing at him is so funny. Then they get all mad and try and jump over the barriers to take us all on :lolol:

Love it.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Croydon Bloke

eagles #1 said:
But the banter between the Home and Away fans is hilarious. This season has had me in Stitches. We've played clubs that are quite far away from us so far this season, so they havent brought many along. Usually you get the lairy fellas down the front near the Holmesdale, I think every home game so far a single fan has been picked out by the Palace fans, for instance a guy was wearing pink shirt cue chants of "who's the waanker in the pink? who's the waanker..." The look on their faces when they realise several thousand are all pointing and laughing at him is so funny. Then they get all mad and try and jump over the barriers to take us all on :lolol:

Love it.

So 18th October should be a laugh!!!!!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Croydon Bloke

Croydonbloke said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Should be great fun.
It will be:clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here