Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for anyone at the game....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I've just got back too. Crowd were mostly excellent, apart from a small section on the left hand side led by Piers and his 'crew', who consistently booed any mention of Jake Robinson, and spent the whole game moaning about our players. At one point, they were hurling horrific abuse at Hawkins (who didn't have a great game) and he turned round, looking really distraught....

No wonder players are off-form if they have to suffer this sort of thing....

I guess after a run of poor games by players people will form opinions.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
YS

"At one point, they were hurling horrific abuse at Hawkins (who didn't have a great game) and he turned round, looking really distraught...."

Interesting you use the word distraught.

Why do you think he felt like that then?

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
YS

"At one point, they were hurling horrific abuse at Hawkins (who didn't have a great game) and he turned round, looking really distraught...."

Interesting you use the word distraught.

Why do you think he felt like that then?

Because he's trying his hardest for the club, and is being unfairly criticised by a vocal minority.

Oct 25, 2003
crowd were pretty good considering most paid shit loads of money to get there, plus most of the day, it was f***ing cold and we were utter wank

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
couldnt hear any boo's from the croud during the game, at the end the players didnt come over- . throughout the game got an atmosphere and chants going.
its grim oop north - bloody cold day

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
:laugh:

Was that all Brett's work? :D

It was me, but it didnt really take off, should have though

The crowd never got going, but there was nothing to cheer about, until Anyinsah smashed the bar.
We all tried singing, but the wind was blowing straight back in our faces so the sound probably didnt make it on the pitch.

I think the loudest noises came, when trying to instruct Michael Keepers to kick the ball to the right of the pitch, after 3 consecutive keepers went striaght off the pitch

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not at all, if people thought he was poor than so be it, their right to voice an opinion.

You are not allowed to boo players. John Terry said so.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Did quite enjoy hearing a shout of "f*** off adams you f***ing prick you've f***ing turned us into shit" at the final whistle.

:)

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
After Kuipers finally realised he was allowed to throw the ball out to someone or pass it short rather than hoofing it up straight into a 40/50 mph gale, we actually played some football. Shame it took until 10 mins before half time.

The real football started after Jobbie Savage went off and allowed us to have a shape rather than the 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1 formation we seem to adopt when this lemon is on the park. I was pleased with the effort in the second half and we deserved a point.... but we didn't put he ball in the net.

I don't like slagging any of our players .. but Savage is w*nk. Micky must send him back now. He is a total hindrance as the rest of the boys seem to think he will orchestrate everything and he delivers feck all. We have no shape whatsoever when he is on the park and we won't do anthing when he is getting in the way. And when he is subbed, he isn't happy and looks like a 12 year old sulky schoolboy. Jobbie even got a mention on 606 for his sulking... thanks to wee Graeme of Scottish Seagulls for texting in.

The rest of the lads put in a real shift in the second half and Jakey looked hungry. Although our former Falkirk friend McThompson looks well out of sorts.
I think most people apprecitaed the effort the lads put in after the break but without a striker from the start, it was difficult to see where the goal was going to come from. But should've had a pen. Joe was unlucky when he shook the goalframe and Jakey could've had a couple. We could have been 2 down but for our friend the lino.

Sorry to hear about your travel problems troops. I was home in the Wee County in time for match of the day. Not bad for 200 miles each way for us in those conditions. Thanks Chris for driving on your birthday. :bowdown: We'll help you celebrate belatedly on the train to Carlisle.

Hope to see some of you suvverners there too.:angel:

...............Sorry to hear about your travel problems troops. I was home in the Wee County in time for match of the day. Not bad for 200 miles each way for us in those conditions. Thanks Chris for driving on your birthday. :bowdown: We'll help you celebrate belatedly on the train to Carlisle.

Hope to see some of you suvverners there too.:angel:

:thumbsup: + 1, provided Ryanair don't put in a performance like we seem to have yesterday.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why do the players/manager no longer come over to applaud the fans at the end of the game? That's DISGRACEFUL bearing in mind the time/money spent to get there and the ineptitude of the performance.

As for the crowd reaction, it was muted with a ripple of applause like any other rubbish away game. It really is pathetic how they get cheered off after such poor performances. Had that game been at Withdean the boos would still be ringing in their ears now!

Really, that's well out of f***ing order. :censored:

That was the first time this season then? Maybe they are getting pissed off, with the barracking of individuals?

Still wrong though. Not all away fans are idiots. :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here