Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queens Park Rangers v Brighton & Hove Albion (Official Thread)

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
i havent read through all the posts on here as I want to go to bed soon, but did anyone else see one of QPR's players kissing El-Abd on the arm when a corner was being taken?? we all know who will be involved in the next gay tabloid story then :lolol: :safeway

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Conkers said:
i havent read through all the posts on here as I want to go to bed soon, but did anyone else see one of QPR's players kissing El-Abd on the arm when a corner was being taken?? we all know who will be involved in the next gay tabloid story then

Somebody mentioned El Abd was bitten by a QPR player......

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
list.asp

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I heard we were after Noel-Williams last week. I wonder how much we were willing to pay him.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
perseus said:
Referee is having a good game.

As someone who was there the sending off was one of his first decent decisions.

In the first half, QPR got a free kick every time they dived or tripped over the ball.

The ref was shit.

Fork ME

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
fork me said:
As someone who was there the sending off was one of his first decent decisions.

In the first half, QPR got a free kick every time they dived or tripped over the ball.

The ref was shit.

Fork ME

Absolutely it was about the only decision in our favour all afternoon. The inconsistency is the worst. El Abd probably deserved to get booked but he then failed to even speak to one of their players for an almost identical challenge. I also thought that Carole was fouled in the build up to their goal. Why do we get stuck with rubbish referees like him?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
chicken run said:
I'm sorry but we drew with QPR AWAY and held Preston who I promotion contenders to a draw, I think they are two scores we would have taken just after xmas

Great arguement:shootself

By all accounts Shef Wed were unlucky not to win by 4 or 5 against 'promotion chasing' Preston yesterday.

I thought QPR were there for the taking yesterday, although it was 2 poor teams who dished out an insult to 23 or so quid.

Still no point in critisising McGhee anymore as he WILL be leading us blindly into Div One after his Mystic Meg tactics of relying on everyone else to drop points really has now backfired.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
My thoughts.
The ref was shocking. QPR players (and fans) pulled every tirick in the book and he fell for all of them, of the minimum four mins added time he played three and a half which included the time the QPR fans were holding onto the ball.
That said at the end of the day it wouldn't have mattered if he had played three hours added time and we'd had shearer and rooney up front coz we still wouldn't have scored. The service to the front two was appalling. The two QPR centre backs were both about eight foot tall yet we kept lofting in high balls. Once Dodd came on we tried a new trick of twating it down the line. It didn't work the first three times but WTF why not chuck a few more hopeful balls down the channel and see if it works :rolleyes:
One thing that has really pissed me off in the last two games has been the poor quality of our freekicks. Considering how bad we are set plays represent a good opportunity to get the ball into the danger area. The delivery of the freekicks against PNE and QPR has been woeful. As that as the QPR fans sang is why we're going down.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I am moved to write and say the performance at QPR was the worst I can remember for a long time. The central midfield were awful - is Chippy practising for a new career as a fly-half in rugby?He seemed to be practising up-and-unders. He is too slow and cant pass anymore. This meant that Carole and Frutos had to stay deep and could not do anything in the dangerous part of the pitch, which is their strength.

Often there were just long, aimless balls to CKR, who was useless as ususal, and Gary Hart who worked hard as usual but without result. With two giant central defenders like QPR have we just played dumb, poor football. We should have tried keep the ball on the floor and turn them and use pace against them - some hope! At least Dodd could pass the ball when he came on.

I agree with soemone else on here - why not play Reid and Nicolas in midfield - Reid is an accurate passer with some skill and Nicolas has bags of energy. maybe we could even play Dodd as a sweeper alongside the back four to improve distribution. The only way we will get the best out of Frutos and Carole is to give them the ball in dangerous areas, with good passes, allowing them time and space to do something. Otherwise there is no point playing them.

There, I have got that off my chest - we are heading for relegation - McGhee has clearly lost it tactically and motivation-wise, and I am upset. Anyone feel the same?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I shall just mention my mates text message to me after the game:

"Dont let score decive you. That was f***ing INEPT, useless xxxxs, if that twat of a boss has nerve to say we can still stay up I'll have a big poo on his head, f***ing awful, no shots, cant pass , no passion + so slow".

And this is from someone who isnt really against Magoo and has been going since 1984.

Rougvie said:
Great arguement:shootself

By all accounts Shef Wed were unlucky not to win by 4 or 5 against 'promotion chasing' Preston yesterday.

I thought QPR were there for the taking yesterday, although it was 2 poor teams who dished out an insult to 23 or so quid.

Still no point in critisising McGhee anymore as he WILL be leading us blindly into Div One after his Mystic Meg tactics of relying on everyone else to drop points really has now backfired.

QPR "there for the taking"? They have had an excellent revival under Waddock and have lost once in the last 7 games I think. They are an in-form side playing to impress Waddock.

In the first half we were under the cosh, the ref was a homer, I doubt if we've had such a skewed free kick count given against us all season, they got every 50/50 call.

The second half showed the spirit in the team remains undimmed. Gallen was stupid but we still had to capitalise on that and we did, having the majority of possession in the second half.

I see Kinky congratulates Dodd and Gatting, is this him praising McGhee's tactical work? :)

McGhee's subs were spot on. First he switched El Abd and Hinsh and that largely nullified Ainsworth. The QPR wingers Ainsworth and Cook owned the first half and Carole/Frutos were not having any joy stopping them. Hart and Loft gave us a more solid shape on the flanks and Dodd improved our passing.

The goal was no fluke, it was weight of pressure and if Bignot hadn't done something, then Gatting would have. It was a decent point and rescued a below par first-half display where we didn't get into QPR enough.

The game taught us nothing we didn't already know about the team, it will fight on and not give up like so many NSC posters have, whether we have the class up front to deliver a great escape remains the pregnant question.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
QPR "there for the taking"? They have had an excellent revival under Waddock and have lost once in the last 7 games I think. They are an in-form side playing to impress Waddock.

So they change their manager and have a revival.

Hmmm
???

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:

In the first half we were under the cosh, the ref was a homer, I doubt if we've had such a skewed free kick count given against us all season, they got every 50/50 call.

The second half showed the spirit in the team remains undimmed. Gallen was stupid but we still had to capitalise on that and we did, having the majority of possession in the second half.

Whatever Placcy, if you could not see that they were no better than us on the day then you must have been at a different game to the 90% of so on here who felt we were average to poor, yet again.

Those who rely on refereeing decisions away from home deserve all they can get, since when did the game solely rest around marginal free kick decisions ?? I always thought skill and determination got you reults, still at least there is a scapegoat for McGhee now that his Derren Brown policy of solely relying on other results is well and truly f***ed.

Oh and if thats the way they play to impress a new manager then there is hope for us yet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry LI, but that is rose-tinted spectacle-ism of the highest order.
Firstly, it was an almighty f***-up having El Abd at LB in the first place. Quite predictably he was like a fish out of water, so giving credit to McGhee for eventually swapping it after a train-crash of a first half hour is stretching a point somewhat. Even then, we had another CB playing at LB. Hinsh is a fine player, but why are we playing one of the best CB's at the club out of position ? OK Lynch was ill, but could Mayo not have filled in ? Madness.

The goal WAS a fluke - it was an almighty cock-up as a result of another aimless ball into the middle that none of our forwards were anywhere near. Dressing this up as "pressure" is laughable. It was basic incompetence from a fairly dismal team with nothing to play for, who were outnumbered for 40 minutes, and who we STILL failed to so much as get an effort on target against.

I'm all from taking positives where there are some, but that was a STINKING peformance on Saturday. Completely disjointed, bereft of any attacking ideas other than belting it forward, and I don't think we managed to string more than 4 passes together at any point other than ONCE in the first half, when Carole had a well-struck shot straight at the keeper.

Please lets not dress that game up as anything other than the utter turd it was.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What seems to have been missed in the negativity fest, and I admit I don't really see a way out of relegation, is that we have stopped the rot and are unbeaten in 2. Just maybe the team will start to believe in themselves a little more and take on a siege mentality. A lucky win this Saturday could maybe see a turning point. Not saying it'll happen but it does seem that the team have not given up which is more than can be said of most of us.

Early season we played some good stuff and not being beaten the last two weekends can only help the teams belief. I don't belive that we are as bad as we have played for a large proportion of the season since xmas. Confidence can do wonders, look at the way Coventry and Leicester hauled themselves clear having looked as crap as us.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't like being negative about the team. But I don't like trying to kid myself either. I know turd when I see it.

And we are turd at the moment.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It was a bloody awful performance and a very dull game.
I don't see how anyone could see it differently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here