Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queen Of The South

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
winning 1-0 against aberdean in the scottish cup semi

we have got to get behind them,with a name like that.

come on dumfries's finest

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
great website, the club shop page is laid out like a jumble sale.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Badge hasn't changed in 50 years...

2038_m.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
quite simply AMAZING game!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
quality stuff, if only The Blue Brazil can do it next year :daydreamer:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shame they'll probably end up playing Rangers in the final, ie getting battered.

On this subject, what, exactly, is a Doonhamer?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
On this subject, what, exactly, is a Doonhamer?

From their official site:

The term doonhamer comes from the way that natives of Dumfries over the years have referred to the area when working away from home. The town is often referred to as doon-hame, (down home), the term doonhamer then naturally followed to describe those from Dumfries. Various stories exist as to who were originally christened as Doonhamers, I was always lead to believe that it was the railway workers as they went up and down the line to Glasgow but other stories exist about others being the original doonhamers. Whatever the origin the people of Dumfries are proud to be known as Doonhamers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Shame they'll probably end up playing Rangers in the final, ie getting battered.

Not necessarily. Although their current form is outstanding, Rangers have an horrific run-in due to fixture congestion (they are looking at 3 games a week for a month if they do get through to the UEFA and FA Cup finals). If they get past Partick tomorrow (likely, but not guaranteed), St Johnstone will really give them a game in the semi. We could be looking at a superb 2008 in terms of cup finals north and south of the border - none of the usual suspects in either final!

I'm not a believer, but that's something worth praying for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here