Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant!

my effort -

Sung to the tune of 'Julie' - Shakin Stevens

ohhhhh Nooney
How we love you truly
running........ running
Up the wing

I have to say, there's going to be a fair few posters on here who haven't even heard of the Welsh Elvis, let alone could sing any of his songs...

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Hello again guys. One of your guys posted on a forum that I'm on asking if there were any Vicente songs when he was with us. Personally I can not remember any specific song but there were plenty of chants etc. His nicknames were:

"El Punyal de Benicalap" - The dagger from Benicalap
"El Punyal" - The dagger
"La joya en la corona" - The jewel in the crown (He was the jewel in our best team ever :proud:
"El Xiquet" The boy or The lad in Valencian
"Tobillos cristales" Cristal ankles That one is when we were pissed off when he's always injured

Any way for chants there were a few.

Vi-then-TE! Vi-then-TE! Vi-then-TE! Vi-then-TE! Chant it really quick when he scores or comes on the pitch etc...
Vi-theeeeeen-TE! Vi-theeeeeen-TE! Vi-theeeeeen-TE! Drag out the "ce" in Vicente...

But for actual song personally I can't remember any.

These are some of our songs anyway, you might want to put your own twists on these or something. He'll be able to relate to them

Anyway I'm glad he started to play again. Such a frustrating lost talent Like I've said before this guy would've been in the winning Spain Euro 08 and World Cup 2010 squads had he not been a crock. When fit he is CL quality.

I went to the Coventry vs Brighton at Ricoh Arena this season, I live near there, just to see Vicente but he was not even in the squad! mad!

Anyway good luck, hoping for a Brighton promotion this season!

edit: I tried to post a video with Valencia songs but I can't because I don't have enough posts. Search "Canticos Del Valencia" in youtube.
great stuff - reckon we can give this one a go - if we can remember the words :cool::guitar:

Im Not A JCL

Aug 29, 2011
BN15
VI-CENTE WHOAAA,, VI-CENTE WHOOAA, like the machini one that man.city do, except they do

manchini whoaaa
manchini whoaaa
he comes from italy
to manage man.city
Manchini whooaa

seagullinho

Jun 7, 2011
Right, so after some good input here's the remix.

Que sera sera
Vicente our superstar
He came from Valencia
Albions dagger

Nice!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Out of interest and as somone who is in his Forties so I served my time in the North Stand (Goldstone). What did we do before internet to sort the songs out??

People just sang it , if it was shit it didn't take off , if it was good it was sung , i mean where on earth other than a football groung would one be able to sing "we dont give a wigger (whatever that was) and we dont give a wank , we aint lost a fight since we dont know when . (well i do but thats not the point ) .

There was no pre match briefing on what should be sung, so if you want to sing just go for it , folk will either join in or give you that what planet are you from look :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here