Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quality one hit wonders, where are they now

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Everlast first broke into music as part of the Rhyme Syndicate Posse under the guidance of Ice T. His record flopped.

He then joined House of Pain, they nade two decent selling albums, The debut going platinum in the states and the second gold. He left the same day that the 3rd album was released.

He relased 'Whity Ford Sings the Blues' in 98 (i bought 'The Ends' off that album) asnd since has made two more albums with a 4 th coming out soonish as well as doing bits and bobs otherwise.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
CrabtreeBHA said:
Probably had more than one hit but a fave Karaoke tune of mine:

I Am The One And Only - Chesney Hawkes punk:

No that was his one and only

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Italiaseagull - Rikki Clarke

ChapmansThe Saviour - Martin Bicknell

Whatever happened to these two fine young talented singer songwriters? :jester:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
redland said:
That will be The Vapours, great tune you should check out the version by NUFAN it rocks !!

and the Sprung Monkey version punk:

and infact the other 200,000 versions of this song that are out there, I reckon its gotta be the most covered punk song too date!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Wozza said:
M/A/R/R/S - Pump Up The Volume.

Fecking ace.

This was actually a group of young producers, one which is a Mr CJ Mackintosh. Now a major DJ on the worl clubbin scene and was resident once at the Minstry!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
CrabtreeBHA said:
and the Sprung Monkey version punk:

and infact the other 200,000 versions of this song that are out there, I reckon its gotta be the most covered punk song too date!

That and 99 Red Balloons, whick reminds me & Seconds are coming to the Uk on tour soon, or so the bloke down the pub told me !!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Northstander said:
This was actually a group of young producers, one which is a Mr CJ Mackintosh. Now a major DJ on the worl clubbin scene and was resident once at the Minstry!

I remebr seeing CJ Mackintosh back in 1985 Djing for Nasty Rocks Inc.

quality band !!!

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Boltamora- Tarzan boy, one of the best songs of the 80,s!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
7 Seconds yeah read that on punktastic!

That Hue & Cry song I LOVE, something about "soodosatisfaction baby" or something like that...great song!

Labour Of Love that was it

"...gonna fight, for the right, to get into your heart..."

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Renee and Renato, Save your love.

That walrus-like waiter lobbing limp roses up at some bint on a balcony. Tremendous stuff.

I once knew a guy who had a summer job playing bass in the house band at a holiday camp. On one very special occasion, he got to play bass to guest stars Renee and Renato. It remains his claim to fame to this day.

The Mobiles-Drowning in Berlin. Peter Powell, then of Radio one, predicted they were going to be "massive". The lead guitarist was last heard of, driving a cab in Seaford! :rolleyes:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Wozza said:
He's not that major - and being a resident at Mini$try is nothing to boast about.

Anyway....

Every UK No.1 ever - including sound clips, right here

he was one of the residents and had a fall out of some kind and then became a resident at Hardtimes nightclub up here in Leeds, that was in my clubbin days. Can't do it now I'm living with the missus.

I thought at the time he was proper bo!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Zeitgeist said:
The Mobiles-Drowning in Berlin. Peter Powell, then of Radio one, predicted they were going to be "massive". The lead guitarist was last heard of, driving a cab in Seaford! :rolleyes:

I remember that! They were from Eastbourne, weren't they? Went something like "I'm in love with a German film star, I once met in a bar. Playing the part of a real no gooder but I didn't care..."

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Juan Albion said:
"I'm in love with a German film star" was by the Passions.

Ah. Getting my mid 80s one-hit-wonders in a twist, there... sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here