Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR Reading

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
There should be a panel to decide that neither team deserves a point from this match!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I know its sad but--after watching us batter Reading last season and lose - and then having my AlbIOn WinTER CoAt nicked. I hope Reading dont win another game - followed closely by Southampton. The only problem is the amount of money that will be thrown at them if they get relegated! :drink:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I know its sad but--after watching us batter Reading last season and lose - and then having my AlbIOn WinTER CoAt nicked. I hope Reading dont win another game - followed closely by Southampton. The only problem is the amount of money that will be thrown at them if they get relegated! :drink:

Another game? Reading are yet to win ANY game in the league this season! :bowdown: Incredibly poor.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If Southampton lose tomorrow the bottom 3 are already adrift

Which is a shame, because it'll mean our promotion to the Premier League next season has us playing a lot of Northern sloggers. Rather than Southern sloggers.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I could only watch the first half as Reading's rigid 4-4-2 made the game boring. QPR are capable of being quite good on their day, last three matches before this one. Not with Bobby Z though. He was struggling to keep up, even allowing for his tendency to disappear in some games and then sudddenly burst into life.

Sunderland, Villa and Norwich could easily be drawn into the relegation battle.

D

Deleted member 18477

I still think one of Reading, saints or QPR will survive. There's always one who has momentum towards the end of the season.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
I could only watch the first half as Reading's rigid 4-4-2 made the game boring. QPR are capable of being quite good on their day, last three matches before this one. Not with Bobby Z though. He was struggling to keep up, even allowing for his tendency to disappear in some games and then sudddenly burst into life.
Can we look at the 3 previous games ... woeful 1st half against West Brom and could and should have been dead and buried before half time. Much improved in the 2nd half but 3-2 flattered us.

Everton at home - took the lead with a deflection, defence woeful leading to a simple equaliser and very close to conceding a 2nd in the space of a few minutes (Spurs away all over again), Everton down to 10 men for the last 30 minutes and so 2 of the substitutions were defensive.

Arsenal away - set up his stall looking for a point. Arsenal extremely lightweight and there to be taken and he bottled it. Stupid red card and all of a sudden we're 1 down and he decides to have a go in the last few minutes.

Hughes is far too defensive - we seem to take an age to get going - woeful 1st half in 4 of our 10 games. Hughes response to today - 'we need more time to gel'.

I hate to say it given the number of managers we've got through recently but his days have to be numbered - this is his squad, his team, his tactics. We've not win since Stoke at home in May, our last away win was November last year.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can we look at the 3 previous games ... woeful 1st half against West Brom and could and should have been dead and buried before half time. Much improved in the 2nd half but 3-2 flattered us.

Everton at home - took the lead with a deflection, defence woeful leading to a simple equaliser and very close to conceding a 2nd in the space of a few minutes (Spurs away all over again), Everton down to 10 men for the last 30 minutes and so 2 of the substitutions were defensive.

Arsenal away - set up his stall looking for a point. Arsenal extremely lightweight and there to be taken and he bottled it. Stupid red card and all of a sudden we're 1 down and he decides to have a go in the last few minutes.

Hughes is far too defensive - we seem to take an age to get going - woeful 1st half in 4 of our 10 games. Hughes response to today - 'we need more time to gel'.

I hate to say it given the number of managers we've got through recently but his days have to be numbered - this is his squad, his team, his tactics. We've not win since Stoke at home in May, our last away win was November last year.

I only saw the highlights. Sometimes they mislead. Hoilet was making himself busy and the QPR attack looked quite inventive. BBC Sport - QPR 1-2 West Ham

But the Reading match was dire (too bad for me to watch the second half as a neutral). As we failed to score and lost 0-1 to both teams last year at the Amex, I was doing a comparison. QPR seemed to have individuals and were not gelling.

West Brom seems to have got a lot of points. Every time I have seen them, their defence has been awful.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I only saw the highlights. Sometimes they mislead. Hoilet was making himself busy and the QPR attack looked quite inventive. BBC Sport - Arsenal 1-0 QPR

But the Reading match was dire (too bad for me to watch the second half as a neutral). As we failed to score and lost 0-1 to both Reading and West Ham last year at the Amex, I was doing a comparison. QPR seemed to have individuals and were not gelling.

West Brom seems to have got a lot of points. Every time I have seen them, their defence has been awful.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is this the worst weekend in Premier League football history? Aside from Man United vs Arsenal, there were no quality games at all. Liverpool vs Newcastle today wasn't a bad game of football at all and it's probably the second best match of the weekend wheras usually it would have been 4th or 5th best. Some very uninspired matches this weekend, and some very ordinary teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here