"QPR, hooligans and empty seats"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Grizz said:
That's exactly what myself and my mates do. Works a treat and takes no time at all. I don't think has been a game yet that we haven't got tickets for.

Grizz

All very well if one of your group lives or works in Brighton. What if you're all commuters (I found it hard when I worked in Crawley)? BHAlba? Seagulls Over London? What if I wanted to co-incide a trip home with a big away day out?

I hankered for the days when you just got on a train, had a few beers, paid your 5 quid and watched the game when I was still at home, even more now.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Guinness Boy said:
All very well if one of your group lives or works in Brighton. What if you're all commuters (I found it hard when I worked in Crawley)? BHAlba? Seagulls Over London? What if I wanted to co-incide a trip home with a big away day out?

I hankered for the days when you just got on a train, had a few beers, paid your 5 quid and watched the game when I was still at home, even more now.

Rely on the postman like what I do. It's quite easy to post a self addressed envelope to the club.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
But you're not so likely to go to away games when you're in Tokyo.

If you're wanting to arrange to go to an all ticket game before you get home then surely a friend or a relative will do it for you.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
We all know why the AMS was setup but that doesn't stop us hankering over the good old days. Paying your money on the turnstile and leaning up against a barrier is like a distant dream for most of now. As others have said, the football experience simply isn't what it used to be.

Modernisation is supposed to improve standards, but in football terms it has sanitised the whole experience. You're not even allowed to smoke in a lot of grounds (sorry, stadiums) anymore.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
O.k lets say you plan a good piss-up with your mates and you somehow manage to get them to join the ams in which if i was in there shoes i wouldn't.

You arrange a weekend away and all apply,but 2 don't get a ticket mmmmm,so maybe you can get in the home end or maybe you can't.
The ams is a pile of shite and yet another money making scheme by the albion as usual,so just how much do the board exspect fans to pay these days as it seems to get worse year by year and its obviously down to dick as he isn't coping to well it seems.

If you lot wanna carry on spending fortunes roaming the country thats your choice,but don't get snotty by saying things like get ya mates to join its that easy.:censored: :censored: :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It is that easy Berks but why should you care.

You've already said in another thread that you aren't going to bother going to any more matches.

Just as an addition, how many matches have been pay on the day and how many all ticket this season?

Have you even found out?

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
You think its easy when your mates don't even support the albion etc and then all that posting off crap.
Look fair enough if you and others wanna pay whatever dick wants,but some have seen the light at long last and but bloody time.:drink:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
berkshire seagull said:
You think its easy when your mates don't even support the albion etc and then all that posting off crap.
Look fair enough if you and others wanna pay whatever dick wants,but some have seen the light at long last and but bloody time.:drink:

As has been previously explained, so many times, the whole reason for the AMS ties up with Falmer. But anyway Berks, what do you care now ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Berks let me spell it out for you

AMS is AWAY MEMBERS SCHEME

Nothing to do with Withdean. It is for AWAY games

You only have to be on the AMS to get tickets for AWAY games

Tranmere and Peterborough were pay on the day

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Curious Orange said:
Is going to matches always dependent on your mates going too anyway? You are allowed to go to games on your own you know!!!
Errrr in my book a good day out at the footer is with your mates.:shootself
Have gone alone shite loads,but its boring end of it and wether you like it or not i like going with mates.

Last time at wycombe me and 8 mates went in the wycombe end:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
Berks let me spell it out for you

AMS is AWAY MEMBERS SCHEME

Nothing to do with Withdean. It is for AWAY games

You only have to be on the AMS to get tickets for AWAY games

Tranmere and Peterborough were pay on the day
Errr i am a member:nono:
It might look brighter know for getting tickets,but you go back 18 months most where ams and sold out pretty quick.
Doesn't matter what way you look at it the scheme stinks and as someone said its a job for the pigs.:drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
Errr i am a member:nono:
It might look brighter know for getting tickets,but you go back 18 months most where ams and sold out pretty quick.
Doesn't matter what way you look at it the scheme stinks and as someone said its a job for the pigs.:drink:

Away games sold out? The only away games that sold out were Port Vale and then last season Grimsby

Are you gettin muddled with Withdean games Berks?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
have to agree that the asm does work however they should record what games you go to so that when big away games come up people who have been to more away games get first choice

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
kinkygerbil said:
have to agree that the asm does work however they should record what games you go to so that when big away games come up people who have been to more away games get first choice

Fair comment Kinky but a visit to the ticket office will show you how rudimentry our technology there is !

kinkygerbil said:
There was a huge debate about this in the weeks before last season's Grimsby game. The problem is that many supporters go to lots of away games and just pay on the gate, without this being recorded anywhere. Why should they be denied tickets for the "big" games?

The point is that getting to away games is not the hassle that some people claim.

But the second point is that getting to big games will always be a hassle for some people. Grimsby was a problem only because the Humberside Police refused a request from BOTH football clubs to let Albion have more tickets. The outcome was that some Albion fans couldn't get a ticket, despite the fact that there were empty seats at the game - and the Grimsby Telegraph were giving away free tickets on the day.

But don't blame the Albion for that.

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Are you sure Yorkie? Reading? maybe Portsmouth, maybe Palace?? There were a few more than two.

It all boils down to how badly you want to go really, if all your mates are up for it then great, it does mean more organisation though. I end up going with just a couple of mates now adays compaired to at least 5 or 6 in the Goldstone days.

Looking forward to QPR all the same and have my ticket as do my mates....;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here