Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] QPR Friendly away 3 August

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Slightly odd that Rushworth didn’t get any minutes isn’t it?

I think that’s as clear an indication as you’ll see that he’s going out on loan again this season.
Yes, that was my only disappointment from yesterday.

I have a feeling that if Ederson leaves City, they’ll come for Bart….

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Slightly odd that Rushworth didn’t get any minutes isn’t it?

I think that’s as clear an indication as you’ll see that he’s going out on loan again this season.
Verbruggen was there watching on - guess he's still a bit away from returning to training. 20 year old Killian Cahill was the 3rd keeper yesterday.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Slightly encouraged there seems to be some attempts at new chants. I may be wrong but i always feel there's better momentum on the pitch when there's feel good factor in the stands too. Atmosphere in the second half of the season after we'd sold all our players with good songs was shocking, even away from home.

As for Rushworth, well it would be mental for him to stay on the bench all season because Verbruggen is out for a couple of games.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Of course, but we’ll see if the tinkering was too much, we are one game from the start of the season. Do YOU have a clue what the starting 11 will be?

Hopefully FH does but I am struggling to recall a pre season where we were making so many changes with one game to go before the season kicks off whilst missing so many of the previous season’s starters
Well you're certainly living up to your name, normally level headed and sensible not saying you are wrong but do your mates call you Jones (Don't panic) or Frazer (were all doomed)

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Well you're certainly living up to your name, normally level headed and sensible not saying you are wrong but do your mates call you Jones (Don't panic) or Frazer (were all doomed)

I am really not panicking! I am just saying that it’s unusual to make so many changes with just one game to go before the season starts. If we had a manager who was not a rookie at this level and knew all the players I’d not be bothered about it. Suggesting he might not yet know his best team is not bed wetting, it’s just an observation, based on him still changing virtually all available players in every game. I have not once suggested that we are doomed either :lolol:

Anyway maybe I am just an incurable thicko as suggested earlier :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I am really not panicking! I am just saying that it’s unusual to make so many changes with just one game to go before the season starts. If we had a manager who was not a rookie at this level and knew all the players I’d not be bothered about it. Suggesting he might not yet know his best team is not bed wetting, it’s just an observation, based on him still changing virtually all available players in every game. I have not once suggested that we are doomed either :lolol:

Is it really that unusual. ?

We made 4 changes from the equivalent starting line up (Newcastle in the Summer Series) to Luton (H) last season.

Wouldn't be a surprise if we made about 4-5 changes this time max from QPR > Everton (A) . - ie: bringing in Dunk, Pedro, Verbruggen, Barco ? , Gilmour (if still at club/fit) , maybe a debut for Wieffer is probable.

As for giving wholesale changes after 60 mins / 80 mins game time in a pre season friendly. thats pretty normal for any club.

the idea that he doesn't know his best team - i don't know if thats the case but not seeing much evidence of it- most of his hand is being forced with injuries or unavailability (Dunk etc) or being careful (precautionary absences - good to see Jack H back yesterday. first minutes for months - as with Mitoma in Japan)

Pretty obvious that he sees Dunk, JPVH, Minteh, Mitoma, Welbeck, Pedro, Milner, Baleba, Wieffer, Verbruggen as core of his team.

His questionmarks are full backs mostly and that midfield line up. Baleba + Wieffer ? Baleba + Gilmour (is he staying ? ) , but the rest of the team seem nailed on. (GK, centre backs , front line, )

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Is it really that unusual. ?

We made 4 changes from the equivalent starting line up (Newcastle in the Summer Series) to Luton (H) last season.

Wouldn't be a surprise if we made about 4-5 changes this time max from QPR > Everton (A) . - ie: bringing in Dunk, Pedro, Verbruggen, Barco ? , Gilmour (if still at club/fit) , maybe a debut for Wieffer is probable.

As for giving wholesale changes after 60 mins / 80 mins game time in a pre season friendly. thats pretty normal for any club.

the idea that he doesn't know his best team - i don't know if thats the case but not seeing much evidence of it- most of his hand is being forced with injuries or unavailability (Dunk etc) or being careful (precautionary absences)
May be wrong but didn’t we make wholesale changes at 45 mins in Japan?

Anyway it’s just an observation that I think it’s unusual, not made as a criticism

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
May be wrong but didn’t we make wholesale changes at 45 mins in Japan?

Anyway it’s just an observation that I think it’s unusual, not made as a criticism
yes. because that was our first games in pre season - so players weren't up to playing > 45 mins. its pretty standard stuff for pre season. yesterday the first 11 played 60/65 mins. I'm sure v Villarreal it will be even more. Veltman/Steele yesterday played 90 ! Not sure what you're trying to read into it. its boringly normal.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Jesus wept.

It was a friendly for christ sake! People writing off individuals and some the team 🤦🏼

Let start making judgments when we have a fully fit squad available and the transfer window has closed.

The comments ref Wieffer are laughable! It’s his first run out following a long period on the sidelines. Some of you need to get a grip.
Same as it ever was! Every year we have pre-season friendlies, every year it’s the same old ‘woe is me’ comments. FFS! The reason for them is to assess fitness, tactics, style of play, player performance. My suggestion is let’s see the finished article before judgement and condemnation.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

you are just fine i enjoy your posts but I obviously enjoyed your apparent Jones moment.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

You are not a thicko and if someone has suggested this then its just plain out of order. I think you are reading far to much into this. I was very pissed of with RDZ changing so many players every week tbh. I believe he caused a lot of his own problems and made Steele and Bart BOTH lose confidence. Anyway he's gone now.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Our new away strip looks like it belongs in League Two. Absolutely awful.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The final friendly is the one you expect to see what will be the likely starting 11 at Everton, and normal use of substitutes. Before that, he will want as much info on everyone as he can get, and for all players that he wants in the squad to feel they have had a chance to stake their claim for inclusion in match squads.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Ah new here. You'll find 'Juries Out' and 'Get Rid' posts after one meaningless friendly. Wait until we get a couple of losses and draws, then you'll see them ramp up.
Almost correct except its normally before any friendlies and certainly at least a month before the transfer window shuts. But i have to say i was surprised at the crying and whining on the thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here