Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] QPR Friendly away 3 August

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Of course, but we’ll see if the tinkering was too much, we are one game from the start of the season. Do YOU have a clue what the starting 11 will be?

Hopefully FH does but I am struggling to recall a pre season where we were making so many changes with one game to go before the season kicks off whilst missing so many of the previous season’s starters
Yes.
4-2-3-1

Or close to this at least

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman Dunk JPVH Barco
Baleba Wieffer (or Hinshelwood)
Minteh Welbeck Pedro Mitoma

Enciso/Ferguson /Milner / ACD /Lamptey/Adingra / Igor

involved depending on fitness.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Not for me, they WERE poor.

However, our pressing was exceptional
Was a good opponent to test the pressing. QPR under Cifuentes are one of the best teams in the Championship at building from the back and we destroyed that part of their game. I agree with chaileyjem that it was a case of us making them bad, we gave them no chance to play the kind of football they like to play.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes.
4-2-3-1

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman Dunk JPVH Barco

I would hope Hinshelwood starts over Veltman.
It was but a decent team would have buried us on the counter attacks QPR had. I will be happy with loads of 4-5 or 5-4, will you? :lolol:
No, however I don’t care how we win, just as long as we win.
Webbo was off-form today, very sloppy with his passing.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Just going to leave this here

2016.jpg

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
That was poor and we'll be lucky to stay up this season. Massive jury out on Hurzeler so far from me.
There is literally nothing he could have done at this stage that could deliver a proper verdict either way. Literally nothing. Even if we had won all 4 games (oh wait we did) it means very little. We won't know until well into September when the full squad has been assembled and assimilated. Even RDZ taking over a winning, mostly fit team took a while to get going.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
There is literally nothing he could have done at this stage that could deliver a proper verdict either way. Literally nothing. Even if we had won all 4 games (oh wait we did) it means very little. We won't know until well into September when the full squad has been assembled and assimilated. Even RDZ taking over a winning, mostly fit team took a while to get going.
True and we do have a massive squad to pick from as things stand, which may not be helpful for a new manager. It’s a bit Chelsea imo, hopefully without the egos.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Was a good opponent to test the pressing. QPR under Cifuentes are one of the best teams in the Championship at building from the back and we destroyed that part of their game. I agree with chaileyjem that it was a case of us making them bad, we gave them no chance to play the kind of football they like to play.
Yup. Won the ball up top a lot. Over a season that gets you a lot of goals. And that was basically a free practice.

Luke the Lucky

NSC Patron
May 1, 2024
I was at the game completely sober and honestly came away feeling pretty good about the whole thing.

At the end of the day we dominated possession and looked to move the ball forward in positive manner rather than sideways or even backwards which I felt became too commonplace at times in the second half of last season.

We saw flashes of quality from some of our new signings, Minteh is looking especially exciting and was great to see players back from injury.

Appreciate we didn't have the quality in the final third to get the goals and our set pieces looked pretty dire but at the end of the day it was a friendly with 21 different players getting a run out, still missing some key players, some not fully fit etc.

Overall I'm positive and excited to see what comes when we get our full strongest 11 out there for 90 minutes.

Give Hurzeler a few competitive games at least before writing him off!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree….they simply couldn’t get out, either wide or through the middle.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I was at the game completely sober and honestly came away feeling pretty good about the whole thing.

At the end of the day we dominated possession and looked to move the ball forward in positive manner rather than sideways or even backwards which I felt became too commonplace at times in the second half of last season.

We saw flashes of quality from some of our new signings, Minteh is looking especially exciting and was great to see players back from injury.

Appreciate we didn't have the quality in the final third to get the goals and our set pieces looked pretty dire but at the end of the day it was a friendly with 21 different players getting a run out, still missing some key players, some not fully fit etc.

Overall I'm positive and excited to see what comes when we get our full strongest 11 out there for 90 minutes.

Give Hurzeler a few competitive games at least before writing him off!
You do realise that's not how things are done on here????

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Yes.
4-2-3-1

Steele/Verbruggen
Veltman Dunk JPVH Barco

Dunk and Pedro haven’t played 90 minutes since May have they ? And not in pre season yet. ( Pedro started last week maybe).
Can’t see either starting at Everton.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Ah crap, I knew it. The Borg are here.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yup. Won the ball up top a lot. Over a season that gets you a lot of goals. And that was basically a free practice.
Be interesting how we get on against Villarreal with that tactic.

QPR were poor, every time the had the opportunity to work the ball around us, they overhit the pass. Their movement was abysmal, and they’re one week ahead of us. Their forwards were cumbersome, defence were very ponderous.

BTW Cozier-Duberry’s touch when he pulled the crossfield pass down, was moment of the match for me. That was brilliant……

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here