Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] QPR Friendly away 3 August

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The squad is still missing a fair few first teamers…

No Dunk?
No Verbruggen
No Undav?
No Gilmour?
No Dahoud?
No Lamptey?
No Estupinan?
No Ferguson?
No Moder?
No March?
No Pedro?
No Igor?
No Barco?
No Enciso?
No Sima?

How many are injured? How many are not yet fit enough for a friendly? How many are on their way out?
No sign of Adingra either.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I know people will say Ayari wasn't much last season on loan, but he rarely had a run of games.

Just got this feeling about him if he was given a consistent run of games, he could be a really decent player for us.
Agree. He looks a better player pre-season than I’d expected following a couple of fairly unsatisfactory loans last season.

Reactions: cjd

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Krautball (can I say that?) doesn’t seem to be any more effective than Potterball or DeZerbiball against low block teams?

Ayari, Sarmiento and Baleba looking the pick of the bunch so far for me

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Can we please score a goal or 3.
All the possession with no reward sounds familiar.

We're looking good though.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A few observations

Our two wingers started slowly, then really grew into the game. Similar for Sarmiento

Ayari. Maybe has played his way from "shall we loan him to Hibs or Dundee?" to "he has a great chance of starting at Goodison on these performances"

Veltman easily good enough to play that advanced RB role if needed

Baleba. Will look good anywhere on the pitch. But there are big spaces in behind, which is only really to be expected for a player in such a makeshift position. No way we can play him there in the PL. In my mind, that is a non option

I like Webby. Just stay fit mate.

Milner, that's his best position, but given his immense experience I'm not a fan of the decisions he makes.

Had enough chances to find a goal there

QPR will surely struggle

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know people will say Ayari wasn't much last season on loan, but he rarely had a run of games.

Just got this feeling about him if he was given a consistent run of games, he could be a really decent player for us.
I think teams who loan our players are cottoning on to the fact we require them to develop them above their own players.

I saw Ayari in a few Blackburn games and thought he looked pretty good. They were reluctant to play him or Moran that much because they were understandably prioritising their own. I think it was the same with Sarmiento at Ipswich. He looked amazing when he came on as a sub but they wanted their own boys to be the starters in the team.

We need to be very careful with our loans this season which is why many of them could be last minute when we can assess squads and see a clear path to minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here