Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qatar 2022 Stadium Pictures

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Unbelievable that they got given it. FIFA is so corrupt, the sooner Blatter goes the better. Then the dodgy deals will be exposed.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I'm hoping to see one on Monday, guy in Doha offered to show me around. Will take pics :)

Absolutely pointless. Nothing built so far. Admittedly, we're talking 9 years or so yet, but apparently they need to build an entire transport infrastructure first and 100-odd hotels in advance of it. The sites aren't even marked out. Even some of the locals here aren't certain it'll happen.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They're all 45000 capacity, seeems a bit small for World Cup matches.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
8 out of the 9 at the minimum 45,000 is an absolute disgrace & reason it should never have be approved. Visiting fans will be getting pathetic 2,000 type numbers, can you imagine for say England v Germany = NO atmosphere at any match.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And they haven't said when they are going to hold it as the summer is impossible
But Qatar DESERVE to host it for footballing reasons. Afterall, they have qualified for the World Cup time and time again. Clearly, Qatar is a footballing hotbed.

Oh.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The top one appears to be modelled on something.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not that I'm a sandal-wearing, yoghurt munching, hessian-wearing lily-livered muesli-botherer, but the carbon footprint for this World Cup will be absolutely vast. From the construction of the stadiums from scratch, to the upgrading of the travel infrastructure, and the fact that it will have to be the very first fully air-conditioned World Cup in history.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to hold the greatest tournament on earth in a small dustbowl in the middle east. There is and will never, ever be a footballing culture there. One thing you can be sure on though, is those ever-so-honest and above-board folk at FIFA will be doing rather well from the kickbacks and bungs from the monumental construction contracts that are going to be doled out to put this thing on. Sheikh's are handy people to know in that respect, I don't know why we were so shocked Blatter and his cronies jumped into bed with them for this impending farce.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I still just can't believe it. How did Australia not get awarded the tournament. EVERYTHING in their bid was better. And they're a far more deserving nation.

I mean HONESTLY, there is absolutely no possible way on earth that Blatter can defend it. Not one. Ok with Russia, I can juuust about understand the need to be inclusive and "bring football to the people". Although England was obviously a better choice, I can live with that.

But Qatar has a population of less than 2 million, their league has an average attendance of 4 thousand. They're not interested in football in the slightest.

I'm praying that this gets turned around and the corrupt fat cats at Fifa get well and truly found out...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it's a good & fair choice for a World Cup, you can't just ignore the Middle East because they're shite at football..
Not when you can ignore them for their appalling human rights record, horrendous carbon footprint building white elephants, lack of football culture, and of course the fact that a BETTER alternative was on the table.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
These stadiums will have little use after the world cup, hopefully games will be all over the Middle East or we're looking at a herd of white elephants..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's the WORLD cup. Politics has no place in football. South Africa has corruption, horrific rates of crime, and equally shared the "carbon footprint building white elephants" problem but it still hosted a great World Cup.

If I think about the situation politically & environmentally I agree with you fully, but as a football fan it's only fair that Africa & the Middle East get the chance to host the biggest sports competition in the world.
But it's also only fair that Australia did too, and their bid was FAR superior on just about every level with the probable exception of bribery levels.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
2011_8_1_20_21.jpg

I had no idea Sauron was into his football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here