Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qatar 2022 affected by mid-east unrest?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
With all the recent unrest in the middle east and most notably in Qatar's next door neighbours, Bahrain, is there any more proof needed that it is a wholly unsuitable venue for the World Cup? Bahraini police are shooting & killing protestors as are all the middle eastern countries affected by the uprisings. Is the sort of place where you want thousands of foreigners who are already barely tolerated by most arabian countries and whose lively celebrations and actions may be treated with medieval style policing methods!?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No. But money talks and thats all FIFA are interested in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix is scheduled for 11-13 March, so 3 weeks away, but there's doubt as to whether the race will go ahead.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
how can a bit of kicking off in bahrain be more copper bottom proof that qatar shouldnt have the world cup. it has kicked off in bahrain quite badly before in the past.

i dont mind people saying qatar is a shit place for a world cup we all know that but people are still clutching at straws when there is no need to try and prove it. we all know everyone will be robbed and murdered in russia and people will be stoned to death for having a sweet sherry or looking at a man and smiling in qatar.

funny how if it was in brazil no one would be going what a disgrace look at the murder rate.

give it a rest its done now we dont get it as fifa think we are smug cnts as that is no doubt how we came across.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
No. But money talks and thats all FIFA are interested in.

I know the poverty stricken English FA must feel cheated. Like we couldnt have bought a world cup if we really want one. no we turn up with beckham a prince and a load of shit eating grins going come on give it to us we invented it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sadly, The Spanish is right. In 2014 the WC goes to a nation where drug gangs rule the biggest cities and are the only criminals in the world armed with AK47s, and nobody has batted an eyelid. How come such problems mattered so much in South Africa and will do so in Qatar then?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
There are still reports circulating that Brazil will not be ready in time, stadiums unfinished and masses of infrastructure and transport not even started yet, I'm not sure of the actual date but FIFA have a date some time before the tournament in Brazil to determine if it will be ready in time.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
There are still reports circulating that Brazil will not be ready in time, stadiums unfinished and masses of infrastructure and transport not even started yet, I'm not sure of the actual date but FIFA have a date some time before the tournament in Brazil to determine if it will be ready in time.

aw you have got to be on a wind up now not the old johnny foreigner will not finish it in time sketch as well. i shouldnt bite.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
aw you have got to be on a wind up now not the old johnny foreigner will not finish it in time sketch as well. i shouldnt bite.

Not up to the standard of Fine British Engineering (with the help of a few thousand Poles)

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
So the fact that work on half the stadiums in Brazil either hasn't started yet or has only barely started is not an issue then? In a country wracked with corruption & crime this doesn't concern anyone?

Just for interest here are some pics of the Maracana as it is with 3 years to go:

QmjgK.jpg

KLn8R.jpg

aPAS9.jpg

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Looks like they'll be able to play `wembley` in one of the goalmouths. What's the problem?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you'd need to be a construction engineer to have a meaningful opinion on that though. How long has Falmer taken to build? Under two years I believe. And you can bet that the Maracana will have a good deal more manpower on it than Falmer did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here