Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qaeda beheads U.S. hostage in Saudi

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
ben andrews girlfriend said:
oh yeah good point :rolleyes:

Moderators (apart from Martin as you are on holiday) - i apologise for posting an article. Our board should obviously post ridiculous crap rumors and not well written articles. Thanks. Laura x

I think it may be the reposting of the text that may be the problem as it breaks copyright.

Posting a link should be OK.

In the mean time
there are reports from Saudi Arabia that say the head of al-Qaeda in the country, Abdul Aziz al-Muqrin has been killed by Saudi security forces.

Apparently killed in a shoot out when they attempted too dump the body.

Source the BBC.

Quite so Lord B - why, whenever you get news of acts of savagery like this, do people have to go into "trite" mode, "Oh, why are they so evil", "oh, why are they so like animals", etc, etc. If you don't know why people commit acts of extreme savagery in war or civil war situations, FIND OUT the reasons by reading books, newspapers or reports on the web, don't wallow in ignorance.

The release of the militants was a pretext, [was it Osama's lot? Every two-bit muslim extremist goon squad around the world has brought in the management consultants and rebranded themselves "Al Quada" to up their brand recognition] anyway, whoever they are, they knew that the release of militants was an unrealisable demand, that was just for their supporters. The real reason is the one Lord B stated, they are in an ongoing war with the Al Saud regime and westeners are not only a soft target but an economically vital pawn in this civil war.

That bumper tax-free salary for a couple of years in Saudi not looking so attractive now, is it?

To be honest, I can't say I'll be inviting the limb-chopping Al Sauds round for tea anymore than the Al Quada zealots.

And for these people "committing evil" because Islam so-called tells them they will be rewarded in the after life, have any of you ever seen an interview with an F-15 pilot? Virtually every one I've seen has featured some Midwest drawling Christian fundamentalist telling us how he prays to the Lord when he's dropping his payload. This is different HOW to Islamic fundamentalism?

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I'd also suggest that the most basic flaw in the current "War on Terrorism" is the idea that there are predictably understandable patterns - and thus logically executable solutions - to prevent it. "Terrorism", like the Spanish Inquisition, arrives when least expected. If it didn't it wouldn't cause "terror". Or, to be more precise, the environment of fear and unsecurity that could easily undermine the Saudi economy if ex-pats decide that the risks of working there now outweigh the rewards.

Attempting to apply home-grown value systems as a means of explaining WHY certain groups behave as they do tends to thicken the plot rather than help uncover it.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
there is no way to explain or quantify to motivations behind this behaviour............ I have seen the footage of both the Daniel Pearl and the Nick Berg beheadings and the latter particularly will turn your stomach, and have you asking , How can ahuman do that to another human?

I could post a link to the nick berg video, but unless there is a concensus for it, i wont because believe me it is bloody harrowing. These guys are just civvies earning a living for the most part, and to behead them with what is nothing more than a bread knife while he is still very much alive and aware of what is happening is barbaric.

If you want the link PM me,.. it is too shocking to post in the open, and I am sure the mods would object anyway.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have deliberately avoided looking at any of those acts of barbarism-no other suitable phrase-simply because I think it would totally f*** me up. I'm sure that many can stomach watching the footage but it ain't for me.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
somerset said:

If you want the link PM me,.. it is too shocking to post in the open, and I am sure the mods would object anyway.

The link has been posted before in the discussion thread on that incident.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Why would you want to see it? I think that goes beyond curiosity and into the realms of being a bit disturbed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here