Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Putting your foot in it - your worst examples?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sent a text once saying my boss was behaving like a twat. Perfectly fair comment but probably would have been better not to send it to him rather than my girlfriend as intended.

Luckily, although he could behave like a twat, we generally got on well. After a bit of grovelling, we had a laugh about it and I kept my job.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I worked with a young woman who was a bit overweight, a client asked her “When are you due?”

A minor one by me. When emailing client company car information to a petrolhead colleague, I mentioned that the client “Simon is also a petrolhead”. Copying Simon in :facepalm:. Got away with that one, Simon didn’t mind, phew.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Back in the day (mid 80’s)when single and living in a flat, after a particularly heavy night of curry and ale, woke just after 9am, staggered to the bathroom for a wee. Whilst peeing, felt the urge to pass wind. As the fart started, I put my foot up onto the side of the bath to get better purchase and down force to ensure it being as loud and grumbling as possible (it’s a bloke thing!) swiftly followed by a loud ‘arghh’ sigh of satisfaction before flushing the toilet and staggering back (naked) to the bedroom. I had forgotten my cleaning lady had a key and started work at 9am, popped her head around the open lounge door with a cheery ‘good night was it?’ Needless to say, I didn’t appear again until she had left!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have never put my foot in it

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Last century I was working in Worthing and a workmate and I went out for a beer or 4 at lunchtime (it was a different time). He was a small, skinny bloke (9 stone soaking wet) who lived locally (whereas I am extremely handsome, well built and live in Crawley).

We'd had a couple and enjoyed a plate of something-or-other and I was sitting facing the doorway. The door opened and a very large, unkempt lady (I swear 14+ stone bone dry) entered the bar, complete with a dog on a lead.

I said "Jesus Christ look at that" (or something equally unpleasant - different times and all that), luckily he didn't hear me and said nothing, she said "Hello darling" as she bent down and kissed my mate and sat down to join us. He then introduced me to his wife, and dog.

Phew! Like I said, he didn't hear me.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Most of us will have done that with either an email or a WhatsApp message won't we?

I accidentally sent quite a rude message to the IT department, two days into a new job, after an attempt to send an email to someone in my old job kept bouncing back due to a word in it (entirely innocently, it must be said) getting blocked by the firewall. Eventually, I tried to re-send it to the intended recipient, complete with an explanation, slating the IT department for their pettiness. Only to hit Reply to the automated message instead of forwarding it back to my ex colleague.

I got a very short email back from IT explaining what firewalls were for and asking if I'd like them to forward it to my new manager.

Could have been worse though. A former colleague thought he'd engage in some sexy time by phone with his partner of the time, only to accidentally send the photo of his cock to his Mum. I mean, it's nothing she wouldn't have seen before, of course, but not in THAT state.

Did similar a few years back. One of the IT managers was Alan, a lad I'd known at school and he was, to be blunt, a complete dunce. Heaven knows how he got to be a manager.
Anyways he was given a project to equip all of our team with printers for home use. The printers he ordered were USB only and the PCs ran Windows NT4 which didn't support USB.
We all got an email from the boss saying we could collect a printer next time we were in the office and I replied to all something along the lines of "Don't bother, they won't work because Alan (that useless waste of blood and organs) has ordered the wrong ones"
Alan was, of course, in the CC list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here