Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Putting tickets on the exchange

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
Quick question as I thought I heard there was a restriction.

how many tickets can you put on the xchange before the club get all hissy about it.

i thought I read ( or may have dreamt it) it was 6 times.

i am up to 3 already and golf competition season has started early this season for some reason!

thanks
I phoned earlier in the season and they said you can put them on the exchange 19 times per season.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Question from a new STH: How does releasing your seat for the first home game of the season work? Tickets to the Man Utd home game, which I don't expect I'll be able to attend, become available to MA+ members tomorrow morning, as per this announcement, but the ticket exchange page isn't letting me sell my ticket to this or any other matches.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Question from a new STH: How does releasing your seat for the first home game of the season work? Tickets to the Man Utd home game, which I don't expect I'll be able to attend, become available to MA+ members tomorrow morning, as per this announcement, but the ticket exchange page isn't letting me sell my ticket to this or any other matches.
The game has to be announced as a sell-out before you can list your ticket, at which point you’ll be able to list your ticket on the exchange within your user account page.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

The ticket office haven't made it live yet for the coming season.

Basically go to https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/resale and list your ticket when it is live.

A match doesn't have to sell out for you to make your ticket available but it won't be sold until the club has sold all their tickets.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The game has to be announced as a sell-out before you can list your ticket, at which point you’ll be able to list your ticket on the exchange within your user account page.

You can list your ticket at any point (when the system is live) but it won't sell until after the club has sold all their tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not quite correct...

You can list your ticket for re-sale at any time (caveat: they may not have started it for next season yet), but the ticket will only become available for purchase by others when the club sell out of their own tickets for the game.

So, for low-demand games, whilst you can list your ticket for re-sale, it may never be made available to others.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
So, for Ipswich at home, I bought two seats in Upper East before the ticket exchange opened and I can now see there are a few pairs of seats available in North. Is the risk no one buys those ESU tickets fairly high? Would rather sit in North obviously but not if it means taking a hit financially.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I phoned earlier in the season and they said you can put them on the exchange 19 times per season.
Not long ago PB was looking to punish people that missed a certain amount of games. Now realised with the demand club is making £20ish every time somebody puts on exchange so complte turnaround and ones that dont attend a lot have become his favourite ST holders

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, for Ipswich at home, I bought two seats in Upper East before the ticket exchange opened and I can now see there are a few pairs of seats available in North. Is the risk no one buys those ESU tickets fairly high? Would rather sit in North obviously but not if it means taking a hit financially.

It's only Season Tickets that can be put on the exchange I believe

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
It's only Season Tickets that can be put on the exchange I believe

Any ticket can be put on the exchange, if you list a ticket you purchased for an individual game you'll get the original cost of the ticket less 10% back should it sell (so you'll lose money), but not as much as you'd lose not using the ticket at all. Season ticket holders get 1/19th of their season ticket cost back should a ticket sell, minus a £1 admin fee.

The sharing scheme is for season tickets only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here