Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Punter BANNED from London Rd William Hills

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

D

Deleted User X18H

I had a couple of large pick ups in that shop recently- for someone else unfortunately ! It was very quiet and i had a chat with the manager on duty at the time. A decent bloke who had been in the game a long time, real old school. He said how few people bet on the horses/dogs these days and just pump money in the machines.
The shop seemed busier when it was in Baker Street.

He's a regular poster on here !!

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
I know the gentleman in question very well.. I can say that everything Mr Harrison said was true! The bottom line is bookmakers only want MUG punters betting, they do not want anyone who is good at something and either shows a profit or not a big enough loss. This is why companies like Ladbrokes offer a "loyalty card" just so they can monitor you....It's morally wrong that they have the right to refuse bets or ban people just because they are not idiots. Anyone who hasn't had an account closed or been refused a bet in a shop must be a loser! I myself have had many accounts closed inc BET365/Ladbrokes/Stan James etc....My advice is if you're not good at what you do don't do it because you WILL lose and you will only line the pockets of these vulgar people..!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Even worse from Hills is that they called it a 'trading review notice' when writing to him, then lied in the interview saying it was for 'other reasons'.
Shameful behaviour and either the letter writer or the PR person should be sacked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here