Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Punk rock songs for a funeral

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
'Do Anything You Wanna Do' by Eddie and the Hot Rods is, for this punter, the most uplifting song of the punk era... sounds like your friend lived life the way she wanted to so this might strike the appropriate tone with her friends and loved ones. Sorry for your loss.

Not my loss, I never met her. But Eddie and the Hot Rods were one of her favourites so I may well go with that. :)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
'Do Anything You Wanna Do' by Eddie and the Hot Rods is, for this punter, the most uplifting song of the punk era... sounds like your friend lived life the way she wanted to so this might strike the appropriate tone with her friends and loved ones. Sorry for your loss.

I second this , punk before fashion took over :-

[yt]rUYkHNAtXTI[/YT]

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Atmosphere - Joy Division
Depending on the sense of humour of people in attendance Ramones - Blitzkreig pop.

I went to a funeral recently when the 30 seconds Countdown music was played as the coffin went behind the curtains!

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm conducting a funeral on Saturday for a 57 year old woman who died from cancer. Her preferred music was punk and new wave, so does anyone have any suggestions for songs we could play?

Given that it is a cremation, songs like The Jam's "Funeral Pyre" would probably not be appropriate. :rolleyes:

If You're going down The Jam route (which you should) then 'English Rose' went down beautifully at one I picked tracks for

If you wish to outrage 'Killer on the loose' by Thin Lizzy would fit in with Punks controversial ethos right now

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Atmosphere - Joy Division
Depending on the sense of humour of people in attendance Ramones - Blitzkreig pop.

I went to a funeral recently when the 30 seconds Countdown music was played as the coffin went behind the curtains!

Thats really made me laugh!!!

Jan 30, 2008
I'm conducting a funeral on Saturday for a 57 year old woman who died from cancer. Her preferred music was punk and new wave, so does anyone have any suggestions for songs we could play?

Given that it is a cremation, songs like The Jam's "Funeral Pyre" would probably not be appropriate. :rolleyes:
smash it up / new rose, the Damned
regards
DR

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet
U2 - I Will Follow or Gloria
Elvis Costello - The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here