Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

punched in the face for wearing an Albion shirt

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
is what happened to me yesterday. I was waiting just down the road from the station after the game as there was over an hour until my train back.

I was talking on my mobile (non football / Leeds / Albion related) when a local stopped in front of me, turned to face me and said "You dirty bastards" and punched be right in the face, completley unprovoked.

It was hard enough to draw blood and stunned me a bit.

Just wondered what is up with f***ing inbreds :angry: and if anyone had any problems of their own?

Now I'm considering not wearing my colours to away games in future but why should I be in this position. Fuckin twats the lot of them :tosser:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
is what happened to me yesterday. I was waiting just down the road from the station after the game as there was over an hour until my train back.

I was talking on my mobile (non football / Leeds / Albion related) when a local stopped in front of me, turned to face me and said "You dirty bastards" and punched be right in the face, completley unprovoked.

Just wondered what is up with f***ing inbreds :angry: and if anyone had any problems of their own?

Now I'm considering not wearing my colours to away games in future but why should I be in this position. Fuckin twats the lot of them :tosser:

I dont wear colours to game, since I got my head kicked in on a train coming back from Swansea away one year when I was about 15....that was the end for me.

Sorry to hear that happened mate, Leeds fans are scum, we all know that...but nowadays it can happen anywhere...

The best advice someone gave me was always stick in a group, but if your on your own its a bit difficult I can imagine.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

I think I was sitting next to you on the train home yesterday as I'm sure I heard you tell this story 3 times to various people on the phone. :D

But seriously, that is f***ing stupid behaviour. I can't really imagine it happening at the Withdean. Leeds is just a horrible place in general really.

P.S. To Cereal Dave, I can confirm he told a policeman who was around, but couldn't remember what the bloke was wearing.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
There were four officers just down the road, outside the station. They walked with me round a couple of bars down the road to see if I could point him out and was told they would arrest him there and then.

Unfortunatly I couldn't find him. Would have recognised him if I saw him though. You know the sort; bald, ugly, 40ish, common as f***, asbo.

They all looked like that in the bars though

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Wasn't going to post it on here but the same happened to me (potentially the same bloke?). Came upto us and threatened us in Spoons after the game, and was told to f*** off by the Leeds fans we were chatting to (who pointed out we were friendly and wearing colours).

He disappeared then as I was waiting for some of the others to get things from the shop in the station, he came up from behind and twatted me in the side of the head - I didn't see a thing, just suddenly ended up on the floor! He had picked a bit of a stupid fight though as there was quite a few of us, and a couple of my mates (one of them a poster on here) quickly pinned him down and the shop people called the police.

He got arrested and I've been back in touch with the police today to arrange statements - there were plenty of witnesses, Albion, Leeds and passers-by. So if it was the same bloke at least he's getting dealt with accordingly.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
This happened to me at about 5.30. He was about 5ft8, stocky build, completley bald head with typical thugish look. Hopefully it was the same guy so the CU*T can get whats coming to him

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
This happened to me at about 5.30. He was about 5ft8, stocky build, completley bald head with typical thugish look. Hopefully it was the same guy so the CU*T can get whats coming to him

Sounds like the fella. This happened about 6.30, and he probably came accross us in Spoons at about 5.30ish, so sounds about right. I have a mate who lives in Leeds who stayed and did all the legal stuff - apparently he is claiming "self-defence", and that we went for him. Given it was about 10 versus 1 and we elected to get the police rather than take matters into our own hands, I would think this quite obviously doesn't hold up.

Edit - dunno if its worth getting in touch with them, but hopefully if yours is a recorded incident, the police might have added it up with the description and he'll get done for that as well.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
What a wanker! Yesterday was the furthest north I've been and I didn't encounter ONE pleasant northerner. Obviously I'm not suggesting everyone north of Coventry is the same but nevertheless I experienced quite a bit of bitterness just for being southern, or at least I think that's why.

I parked in the car park adjacent to the ground, can't have been there for more than 3 hours and when I got back to my car I found that some twat had broke my petrol stopper off and syphoned nearly all the petrol out of my tank. I don't know what my car was running on but I just about managed to get to the nearest petrol station to fill up and get the hell out of Scummy Leeds.

Also, as I was leaving the car park some fuckwit decided it would be funny to try and stick a Leeds sticker on the back of my car. Now, usually I'd just bite my tongue and see the funny side but, already frustrated by the aforementioned incident and with the fact he was a dirty Northern chav, I decided I wasn't gonna take it. So I put my rear wiper on (which didn't really stop him admittedly!!) and I don't know what came over me but I went into reverse (at about 1mph or something stupid lol) and went back towards him. I might have just brushed him but he reacted angrily and came round to my window and started shouting the odds so we had a little exchange. Then as he walked away he punched my side mirror but luckily didn't do any damage.

But yeah, I don't think I'll be returning to Leeds any time soon.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
That's why I will only ever go by coach!

Worth following up on what ATFC has told you. If you make sure a report is filed with the Leeds police, then it corroborates ATFC's lads report too. Otherwise the twat could perhaps get some mileage from his 'self-defence' stuff. A call to their cops, make a telephone report and description, and he's a stranger-twatting case-losing mug (so long as it's the same bloke, which sounds very likely).
Also get the ob to report his name to LUFC, and if he's a season ticket holder or ticket buyer, he'll lose more than just a day in court.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Dirty Leeds, typicall *****!

If you were looking for a fight , and you got a klump then fair enough..but if you was minding your own buisness then why the f*** did he do it.

After all, we pay his benefits.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wasn't going to comment on this issue but now a thread has been started,might as well.
First of all i find Yorkshire people generally the best lot to chat with and get along with.Every club has it's morons,Leeds being no different.
This bloke who smacked two Abion fans wearing replica tops(it's obvious the same man)has to be a total prick.Not going to elaborate on this subject,you just don't do it.
If this incident didn't take place inside a train station, in full view of the public and camera's i would have knocked this bloke out.There's no doubt he was out looking for Brighton fans to hit.Sad thing is,he was hitting all the wrong people.

Mar 13, 2008
My advice.
Take a hoodie or something to cover up. and make sure something is done, like report him. Dont want it happening again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here