Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulis coy on Lynch Move

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hes not worth a million but i should hope we wouldnt let him him go for anything less

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So a pointless career move for Joel to be a youngster just loaned out again as opposed to 1st team football at BHAFC.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We haven't valued him at all. A total non-story.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Meanwhile, chairman Dick Knight has dismissed as "total rubbish" a report in a Sunday newspaper that Albion have agreed a £500,000 fee with Stoke for Joel Lynch to move to the Potteries on a three-year contract in the January transfer window.

Lynch's contract with the Seagulls was recently extended by a year through to June 2010 and Knight said: "He is going to be at this club for a long time.

"We have not agreed to sell Joel to anybody. We've had no approach and even if there was he isn't going anywhere."

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The Large One said:
Pulis thinks Brighton have rated him at a million, but he's not sure?

Bullshit and boredom from dopey sports hacks, methinks. It is the silly season, after all.

Maybe, but Pulis himself is actually quote so perhaps not all complete bullshit.

Would be a dreadful move for Lynch - could do SOOOOOO much better in a couple of years time.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Stoke is a crappy, backwards, hole populated by lowlife throwbacks.

Stoke City FC play in the same way as their fans behave - mindless, aggressive, dirty, mean, 20 years at least behind the times.

No one goes to Stoke if they can help it.

I don't think Joel Lynch is a fool. Therefore I don't think he'll go to Stoke.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Interesting that Pullis said this to The Sentinel (Stoke local paper?) and exactly the same quote (word for word) is now on the online Argus, and presumably in tomorrows edition. I also notice that you read quotes from Albion personnel in the Argus, only to hear the same words on SCR on a Saturday in an interview with Hawsey. Does Naylor actually do any interviews himself???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Domsdad said:
Stoke is a crappy, backwards, hole populated by lowlife throwbacks.

Stoke City FC play in the same way as their fans behave - mindless, aggressive, dirty, mean, 20 years at least behind the times.

No one goes to Stoke if they can help it.

I don't think Joel Lynch is a fool. Therefore I don't think he'll go to Stoke.

However they are in the championship and would be seen as a step up at this point.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Stoke are a big club with big club facilities and ambition, Lynch is probably too green to play regular first team football there, but would be developed in a more professional environment, I reckon that this is a young player with Premiership aspirations and ability long term so will definitely be tempted by the step up, however he runs the risk of going from a high profile player at the Albion, who is able to put himself in the shop window every Saturday, to another anonymous youngster playing in the reserves or an on loan nomad.

The other thing he should consider is that Stoke is a dump and it smells funny.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Stoke are a big club with big club facilities and ambition, Lynch is probably too green to play regular first team football there, but would be developed in a more professional environment,

why do you say that, not knowing Stokes team player for player have they got as many home grown players as we have here. So why would he have a more professional environment at Stoke compared to here granted a better stadium and training facilities but I think Wilkins would run a pretty solid ship and would be very professional

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Rookie said:
why do you say that, not knowing Stokes team player for player have they got as many home grown players as we have here. So why would he have a more professional environment at Stoke compared to here granted a better stadium and training facilities but I think Wilkins would run a pretty solid ship and would be very professional

Yeah, should have been clearer, what I meant was that in terms of infrastructure Stoke are a much bigger and well equipped set up, I don't mean that in terms of coaching Stoke have any better than Wendy, but I reckon they have more individual help per player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here