Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs you miss?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Over the last few years a large number of pubs have been closing down - Which do you personally really miss?

As sad as it sounds i miss the Winelodge in Worthing.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
The Wheatsheaf in London Bridge

A disgrace - knocked down like a lot of stuff at Borough Market area
to make way for that piece of sh*t that is crossrail.

D

Deleted User X18H

The White Admiral Bevendean. The Terminus, corner of terminus road station street.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
The Golden Lion and The Helmsman in Guernsey and the Hole in the Wall in Basingstoke. All gone.

Hardly seem to be any pubs in guernsey now, though the Dog House is a good 'un.
Criminal how the last government did absolutely nothing to arrest the decline in one of our finest institutions, the old fashioned pub, especially in rural areas, and even helped them towards the exit with the complete ban on smoking, even in pubs with two completely separate bars.

Having said that, places like the Thurlow, Clyde Arms, Igo Inn, were right dumps.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
all of them in Shoreham over the past 16 years, some shit some great, all sadly missed at the annual "Shoreham Pub Crawl" day during the Xmas period.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Wheatsheaf in London Bridge

A disgrace - knocked down like a lot of stuff at Borough Market area
to make way for that piece of sh*t that is crossrail.

not knocked down, its had a floor lopped off and will be reopend apparently.

the pub i miss is the George down the road in Elephant, bought and pull down by the university.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Engine Room, Camden.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Noble's Bar in New Road (now Fitzherbert's). Used to be a one-room boozer that served a lovely pint of Harveys - much missed.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
all of them in Shoreham over the past 16 years, some shit some great, all sadly missed at the annual "Shoreham Pub Crawl" day during the Xmas period.

And boy Shoreham's had its fair share of shit pubs! The morning star, The one thats now an Italian near the railway station opposite the Buckingham. I can also remember going to one near the car dealerships on New Road/Brighton road on Friday night in a drunken state & wathcing the worst band i've ever seen.

Crab tree used to be pretty ropey too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here