Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in London for Colchester game..?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Does anyone know a decent pub in central London that will be showing the Albion vs Colchester game on monday? Preferably somewhere in the Charing Cross, Covent Garden or Soho area......

Cheers.:thumbsup:

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
I'm going to the Sports Cafe on Haymarket, just down from Picadilly Circus. Watched the Sothampton game in there and there was a good few Albion in there (and Saints :laugh: )

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
what about in brighton, anyone know of any pubs showing it here?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
theres a new sports bar at Victoria, might be worth inquiring about. (by the Tube temporay ticket hall).

if theres a premiershite game on, will be difficult though.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Wigan v Liverpool is the only premiership match on monday i think and its being shown on ESPN so fingers crossed..

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Does anyone know a decent pub in central London that will be showing the Albion vs Colchester game on monday? Preferably somewhere in the Charing Cross, Covent Garden or Soho area......

Cheers.:thumbsup:

Walkabout at either Temple or Covent Garden I expect will have the game on. Both shitholes but if I had to choose between the two I'd go to Temple.

There is a Youngs pub, handily called the Albion on New Bridge Street (Blackfriars) which seems more interested in showing Ice Hockey than football but they have always been more than happy to stick what ever game has been on.

Sirocco Sports Bar on Shaftesbury Ave might be worth a stab or as someone else mentioned Sports Cafe on Haymarket.

Charring Cross side of Covent Garden has Bok Bar, Maple Leaf and as previously mentioned Walkabout. Other side of the market you have Rising Sun, O'Neils, The Newmarket and another one who's name escapes me.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have myself a pub to watch it in Croydon where I will be sitting very quietly in the corner minding my own business.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
That lists the Sports Cafe, yet when I phoned them on Monday to find out, they said no decision had been made (until today or tomorrow)

Back in days of the Swindon play off semi, the manager was a Brighton fan wasn't he ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Back in days of the Swindon play off semi, the manager was a Brighton fan wasn't he ?
I don't think so. I remember making the call to him, telling him to expect well over 100 Albion fans. Actually I reckon it was nearer 200 in the end.

Now that was a good night. :)

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I don't think so. I remember making the call to him, telling him to expect well over 100 Albion fans. Actually I reckon it was nearer 200 in the end.

Now that was a good night. :)

Well he did stick on 'We are the champions' just for us..

Chaos at the end.. :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well he did stick on 'We are the champions' just for us..

Chaos at the end.. :D
I just remember my pint going all over a bemused American couple who had only come down the back to see what all the noise was about. Then buying DWAYNE a pint. Then watching incredulously as WILLOW scribbled out his application form for a ticket for Cardiff. :lolol:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I was there as well. Magnificent. Could hardly see the screen for albion that night.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I doubt it'll ever happen again - Falmer's opening will see to that.

Unless we reach the play-offs next season. :thumbsup:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The Green Man on Berwich Street in soho is going to show it, spoke to the manager today... so im sorted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here