Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs In Crisis - An update.....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
On Friday I saved the Great Eastern all evening before heading to save the Pavilion Tavern for a few cheeky late drinks.
Tonight I'm thinking about saving a pub with the footie on.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I went pub saving in CAMBRIDGE on Saturday, just the one place mind but every little helps eh? Then a couple of SOLIDARITY pints in the Cock & Bull in Uckfield yesterday whilst watching the football & the rugby.

Next up could be the Ringles Cross on tuesday whilst watching that tsunami game. I could watch it at home but i'm going to do my bit for the ailing local scene.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Some excellent Pubs in Crisis work from El Pres, Padders, Rod Thomas and Lush on Saturday, who all helped me to save my local here in Cardiff. It was wonderful to see the stripes of Brighton being worn alongside the blue of Cardiff in a fantastic show of boozing solidarity. I had tears in my eyes. But that could've been the smoke, as the pub's air conditioning system is shite.

Shame about all the bloody eggchasers who were cluttering up the place, but it was for a good cause and it's nice to see that the Pubs in Crisis campaign is crossing not only club boundaries but sporting boundaries too.

Drinkers United Will NEVER BE Defeated.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Some excellent Pubs in Crisis work from El Pres, Padders, Rod Thomas and Lush on Saturday, who all helped me to save my local here in Cardiff. It was wonderful to see the stripes of Brighton being worn alongside the blue of Cardiff in a fantastic show of boozing solidarity. I had tears in my eyes. But that could've been the smoke, as the pub's air conditioning system is shite.

Shame about all the bloody eggchasers who were cluttering up the place, but it was for a good cause and it's nice to see that the Pubs in Crisis campaign is crossing not only club boundaries but sporting boundaries too.

Drinkers United Will NEVER BE Defeated.

A truly heart warming account, it makes me proud to be part of this campaign with stories like that.

:drink: :) :drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I helped save the Sportsman on Friday night - I even had a MEAL there (a mixed grill - not bad, although the chicken breast was rather bland). I didn't save them all that much though, cos I used a voucher off the back of a bus ticket to get the cheaper main course for a quid.

Still, the thought was there.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just remembered, for the first time ever, I saved the Cricks in Southwick on Satruday where I nearly fainted because of all the boozing in the car on the way to and from Cardiff.

The Stella is f***ing excellent in there, Redland liked it so much he nearly fell over on his way out.

Level 42

Gecko
Aug 14, 2003
Southwick
On Friday night I saved the Stanley in Portslade - superb Beer Festival.
On Saturday I saved Wetherspoons and The Manor Hotel in Yeovil and the Plume of Feathers in Sherborne.
On Sunday I saved Wetherspoons in Weymouth and then back to the Stanley to mop up the remaining beers.
Tonight I'll be saving the Romans in Southwick. :drunk:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Just remembered, for the first time ever, I saved the Cricks in Southwick on Satruday where I nearly fainted because of all the boozing in the car on the way to and from Cardiff.

The Stella is f***ing excellent in there, Redland liked it so much he nearly fell over on his way out.
Its NOT just me then. I always seem to get more trolleyed in the Cricks than anywhere else - the wifebeater just seems to be that much more potent in there for some reason. 3 pints and I'm starting to wobble, maybe I'm not quite such a lightweight after all.

Thats the regular haunt for me and Crabbers on England nights btw Chappers (so at least you know where to avoid).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:

Thats the regular haunt for me and Crabbers on England nights btw Chappers (so at least you know where to avoid).

To be fair we only had 3 pints in there, Redders had been drinking Stella solidly all day and I'd been on the BOW. Still, I did ledave the pub clutching my head and demanding to be taken home.

Always the sign of a good days drinking.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To be fair it has taken me two days to remember that we were there at all.

What's more worrying is that I still couldn't rememeber about an hours worth of events from Friday until this morning.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
To be fair it has taken me two days to remember that we were there at all.

What's more worrying is that I still couldn't rememeber about an hours worth of events from Friday until this morning.

That is more like it. Southampton to Brighton on the train is very hazy from Saturday. I personally blame the Worthing Pensioners for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here