Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Spurs game

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bozza said:
You're not going to be on the West Country loopy juice then?

Errrrmmmm no, I very much doubt it. Although I did get involved at Wolves, that was mainly due to hangover reasons though.

Anyway, you haven't answered my question, does London have public houses?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Deano's Right Foot said:
I was thinking of going up to London Bridge, having a bite to eat at Borough Market (home made burger or Chorizo & Roast Pepper roll) a pint or two of Harveys at the Market Porter and then take a 149 bus either all the way up to the ground (bit of a slow crawl up the high road on a Saturday no doubt) or get off at Liverpool Street for the 20 minute train journey to WHL.

FACuptatstic day out in store.

:clap2:

I was thinking of doing this but why not take the tube from London Bridge?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Deano's Right Foot
I was thinking of going up to London Bridge, having a bite to eat at Borough Market (home made burger or Chorizo & Roast Pepper roll) a pint or two of Harveys at the Market Porter and then take a 149 bus either all the way up to the ground (bit of a slow crawl up the high road on a Saturday no doubt) or get off at Liverpool Street for the 20 minute train journey to WHL.

Dear Lammy, the 149 is a good solution, thoough could take a hour up to WHL. Journey thru to Liverpool Street on Sat, will be fast. Also up to Liverpool Street you can take the 48.

Connections from London Bridge to Victoria Line/Liverpool Street are slow and poor.

LC

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Arthur said:
Does anyone know of any pubs in the London area that will be serving beer this coming Saturday?

I'm sure there must be at least one some where, but I'd rather not take the risk of going on the off chance!!

Thanks in advance

The only decent meeting point I can think of and semi decent boozer is "The Punch and Judy" in the square at Covent Garden! Im travelling down south and then to the game on me own so need to meet some Seagulls asap.

I know some who are going but not sure as yet where they are drinking so may have to meet them at the ground!!

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Is there a bus from Seven Sisters to WHL? cant be arsed to walk for 25mins or so!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The Northstander said:
The only decent meeting point I can think of and semi decent boozer is "The Punch and Judy" in the square at Covent Garden! Im travelling down south and then to the game on me own so need to meet some Seagulls asap.

I know some who are going but not sure as yet where they are drinking so may have to meet them at the ground!!

Thank you very much for your informed and well put answer, you are a credit to this football club!!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
London Calling said:
Originally posted by Deano's Right Foot

Dear Lammy, the 149 is a good solution, thoough could take a hour up to WHL. Journey thru to Liverpool Street on Sat, will be fast. Also up to Liverpool Street you can take the 48.

Connections from London Bridge to Victoria Line/Liverpool Street are slow and poor.

LC

There is only one change at KX from northen line to victoria line.

bish bash bosh....

Paxtonlad

Nov 13, 2003
Willow said:
Sussex Spur, do you know The Antwerp Arms? Is it any good for away supporters?

Ta.

The Antwerp normally has a few away fans. But it's a tiny pub and can get very packed. I also heard that there was a bit of a scuffle there recently, involving some away fans, and that they're now not allowing them entry.

The only pub near the ground that I know of that's definitely an away friendly pub is the Park, just by Northumberland Park station. Assuming you aren't going to WHL via Liverpool St to Northumberland Park, the station is a 5-10 minute walk along Park Lane (the away end).

And to CrabtreeBHA - yes, there are plenty of buses along the High Road from Seven Sisters to WHL. But they won't be quick. Traffic is always bad.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Paxtonlad said:

And to CrabtreeBHA - yes, there are plenty of buses along the High Road from Seven Sisters to WHL. But they won't be quick. Traffic is always bad.

thanks mate, surely quicker than walking though? presuming they take the Network Train card as some buses do?

Paxtonlad

Nov 13, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
thanks mate, surely quicker than walking though? presuming they take the Network Train card as some buses do?

Probably quicker, yes. Haven't taken one on match day for a long time, though, so I can't say for sure.

No idea about Network train card either. I only know that a tube Travelcard is valid for buses as well.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ok cool mate, cheers for the help

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
some of us are meeting in the Weatherspoons at Vicky station...don't know if it's any good though and it still a camel hike to WHL...???

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Paxtonlad said:
The Antwerp normally has a few away fans. But it's a tiny pub and can get very packed. I also heard that there was a bit of a scuffle there recently, involving some away fans, and that they're now not allowing them entry.

The only pub near the ground that I know of that's definitely an away friendly pub is the Park, just by Northumberland Park station. Assuming you aren't going to WHL via Liverpool St to Northumberland Park, the station is a 5-10 minute walk along Park Lane (the away end).

Cheers, Paxtonlad. We'll have a few at Liverpool St and then maybe head to The Park. Thanks for the tip.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
pompeydel said:
some of us are meeting in the Weatherspoons at Vicky station...don't know if it's any good though and it still a camel hike to WHL...???

No, and they won't allow football colours, and are generally miserable bastards, who take ages to serve you.

I reckon Liverpool St bars are a better option, there's a big pub there I seem to remember.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
edna krabappel said:
No, and they won't allow football colours, and are generally miserable bastards, who take ages to serve you.

I reckon Liverpool St bars are a better option, there's a big pub there I seem to remember.

That's the pub we're meeting in. Hamilton Hall, right in the corner of the station. Opens at 11 which is handy. :drink:

Dave In Gloucester

Oct 19, 2003
Gloucester, UK
I have had information forwarded to me recommending Wetherspoons pub on the high road.

Extra taken from Flying High
"I would recommend the Wetherspoons pub on the high road, BHA fans should pass this pub on their left hand side as they travel south down the high road on the way in, it is far easier to get to then the pubs around Northumberland station, and there are regularly away fans in this pub..."

Full Details and Map

:drink:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Arthur said:
Thank you very much for your informed and well put answer, you are a credit to this football club!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Just read it again!!!

:dunce: :shootself :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here