Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Saturday

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Anyone know of any decent Boozers around the Mr Majeka stadium. I quite fancy a few before the game but do not want to stroll into the wrong pub.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Cannot remember where I went last time so good thread.

Only pub I can remember in Reading is The Boardwalk which is now shut.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
fatboy said:
Cannot remember where I went last time so good thread.

Only pub I can remember in Reading is The Boardwalk which is now shut.

Cant believe that you get off your face at footy matches Andy :lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
bha.fatboy said:
Cant believe that you get off your face at footy matches Andy :lolol:

I do not!! Only afterwards. After all, it is illegal to be drunk in a football ground.:jester:

Dandyman

In London village.
fatboy said:
I do not!! Only afterwards. After all, it is illegal to be drunk in a football ground.:jester:

Causing a kerfuffle (sp.) in the Hobgoblin tends to get frowned on too.:drink:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Dandyman said:
Causing a kerfuffle (sp.) in the Hobgoblin tends to get frowned on too.:drink:

You've lost me there.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
If you go by train avoid the Jolly Porter just over from the station.

There aren't too many close to the ground due to its location, but plenty in the town centre with good music, food etc.

If you drive come off at J11 of the M4 and take A33 turn off signposted Basingstoke. After about 1/4 mile you come to a mini-roundabout, turn left and there's a pub called the White Swan.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Readings jammed with themed bars near the station and by the river outside the Oracle shopping centre. Bar Risa is now the Boardwalk and is good at night but a bit dead in the day, Forum opposite the station is nice and easy. Most of the Bars near the station are Yates, Wetherspoons, Walkabout etc.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What happened to the place that was owned by a Brighton fan? It was excellent in there before the game a couple of years back.

Harveys_Hammers

Jul 26, 2004
Guildford
Well I went to Reading last season and....

As you come out the train station there is a pub right next to the station (on the right hand side) I'm sure it used to be home fans only but anyway that changed and last season we all went in there. The doorman asks to look at your tickets (well he did for us) and said it was away fans only.

I sugest you go in there for a drink....:drink:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
What about clubs then? I hear there's none in Reading. Me and Berky boy were discussing going as far as Henley for some decent nightlife.

There's about 30 places open after 11pm up until 2am. Actual "club-only" places probably only around 10-15 of them, with all the rest late-licence bars. Depends what sort of theme you want really, can recommend anything from places to get shot, down to international students' bars and vegetarian-only pot-smoking places like Cafe Iguana.

Last edited:

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Man of Harveys said:
What happened to the place that was owned by a Brighton fan? It was excellent in there before the game a couple of years back.

yeah, that pub was cool. there were loads of albion fans in there and a really good atmos!

Wilts said:
There's about 30 places open after 11pm up until 2am. Actual "club-only" places probably only around 10-15 of them, with all the rest late-licence bars. Depends what sort of theme you want really, can recommend anything from places to get shot, down to international students' bars and vegetarian-only pot-smoking places like Cafe Iguana.

Wilts you came to the Event last year yeah? That's exactly what I'm looking for ;)

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Wilts you came to the Event last year yeah? That's exactly what I'm looking for ;)

A -ha. In which case:

Club Tropicana
Utopia
The Mill
Walkabout Bar
Barracuda
Litten Tree (awful)
Reflex (80s themed)
Branningans (hmmm)

...should do the trick til 2-3am if you like cheese. :clap2:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
:lolol: utopia closed nearly 2 years ago and there isn't any big clubs as most hold around 1000+ and most are rather small.

Slags:lolol: wish there was more and i guess sometimes you have to downgrade to get a good shag,so danny not sure if i can be arsed to travel to that club in henley,but we will have a ball and i'll take you to the honey pot just to keep you on your toes.:D and we will potter around and see how your charms compare to moi :D

I no just the pub for you albion as its always dead saturdays and it is (the aussie bar oposite the station where you walk down the stairs,when you cross the road outside the station its right in front of you.Perfect pub and they would be delighted to have customers for once and its underground!!!! :clap2: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here