Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Saturday

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I know it's an early kick off, but does anyone know of any pubs on the way that will be open pre-match on Sat, that will let Albion fans in? :drink:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rumour has it the GDC are drinking in Wetherspoons in Stepney Green at 9am for beer and breakfast

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Weatherspoons at Liverpool St is actually quite good on a match day with a good few fans from different teams mingling. Not heard any singing in there though.

Shakespeare at Lon Vic for those arriving after 11 is normally ok although prob better to get closer to jelly eel'd country.

Stratford is the stop before , much there ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
must add i was putting the pubs where def be albion. Nothing worse than having pre match drinks with no sign of football

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Weatherspoons at Liverpool St is actually quite good on a match day with a good few fans from different teams mingling. Not heard any singing in there though.

Shakespeare at Lon Vic for those arriving after 11 is normally ok although prob better to get closer to jelly eel'd country.

11 is no good on Saturday

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Shopping centre but that's about it. I did a three day training course there last year.

I think you wil find Liverpool Street Station Wetherspoons opens at 7.30am and that a chosen choice for beer and breakfast!!

According to Transport For London, Liverpool Street is closed for underground journeys. It says that you have to walk to Moorgate [13 mins] to get underground services.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
According to Transport For London, Liverpool Street is closed for underground journeys. It says that you have to walk to Moorgate [13 mins] to get underground services.

Just looked on that site, couldn't find anything about Liverpool St being closed on Saturday, can anyone else confirm this?

Just looked on that site, couldn't find anything about Liverpool St being closed on Saturday, can anyone else confirm this?

I just used the journey planner and it displayed the information in the results view.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Well spotted, I guess that means a rethink on the mornings drinking route, pah!

So, back to the original question, Pubs for Saturday?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Sorted, The Crosse Keys, 9 Gracechurch Street, a short walk from London Bridge Station, open from 9am, and then just round the corner from Bank Tube Station, which is a 15 minute tube ride to Leyton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here