Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Peterboro

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
totally understand if you think - go b*llox, but can I politely ask you not to go into the Great Northern Hotel (the pub across the road from the station).

It is owned by Colin Hill, the scumbag that got his weasel mate Barry Fry to sell him our ground a few years back for £1 and then refused to sell it to our current owner before holding the council to ransom for £8M in order to buy it. There are lots of other reasons we despise him as well. :wink:

As alternatives, The Drapers Arms just over the bridge is a designated away fans pub on away days and is a pretty good boozer.

Cheers

Standing On The Glebe - The Unofficial Posh Podcast - the un-official Posh Fans Podcast

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We had trouble finding an offy after the game last time, there was a mad scramble at the buffet car when got on the train.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
totally understand if you think - go b*llox, but can I politely ask you not to go into the Great Northern Hotel (the pub across the road from the station).

It is owned by Colin Hill, the scumbag that got his weasel mate Barry Fry to sell him our ground a few years back for £1 and then refused to sell it to our current owner before holding the council to ransom for £8M in order to buy it. There are lots of other reasons we despise him as well. :wink:

As alternatives, The Drapers Arms just over the bridge is a designated away fans pub on away days and is a pretty good boozer.

Cheers

Standing On The Glebe - The Unofficial Posh Podcast - the un-official Posh Fans Podcast

Do some of your 'unsavourary' fans still frequent that hotel and peer through the curtains clocking all the away fans coming off the station ?

We had trouble finding an offy after the game last time, there was a mad scramble at the buffet car when got on the train.

there's a sainsbury's (I think) in the shopping centre on way back to station.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

Cheers

Sounds like a reasonable request to me. I shall spend my money elsewhere.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Anyone know where to safely park?? am taking a zafira up with 7 of us and want to know where it can be safely stationed for pub/match.

Anyone know where to safely park?? am taking a zafira up with 7 of us and want to know where it can be safely stationed for pub/match.

The Cherry Tree pub.

Pay £3 for parking, which is refundable on 1st drinks in pub.

Get there early though.

POSHTHRUNTHRU

Oct 22, 2010
Hi guys just thought i would give you another alternative , The Grapevine a traditional looking pub bang in the town centre and a 3 minute walk from the train station welcomes away fans .

The pub has just had a facelift and is run by the very friendly Jan and Pete , it has sky sports with 3 screens and a pool table and offers a range of lagers , beers and real ales .

Supervised Children are welcome as well for those of you that are travelling down with families .

You will be offered a warm welcome and is one of the only pubs in The Town Centre that is not your typical , Wetherspoons,Yeates or O'Neils.

Like i said a 3 minute walk fron the train station , directions below .

Exit the train station and head towards the foot bridge which takes you over the dual carraigeway, walk across the footbridge and walk into the Queensgate Shopping Centre take the escalators to your right after about 100 metres and walk straight to the end of the bus station , you will see a large roundabout take the first turning left and walk straight down that road , you will then come to a church where there is some paving work going on , look left and you will see the Pub .

Hope some of you take the advice given and have a great day Saturday , apart from the 3 points !

There may even be some cracking roast potatoes on the bar free of charge as well :thumbsup:

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Charters is ace but they usually have a home fans only policy on matchdays. Personally I'm heading for Oakham Ales Brewery Tap five minutes from the station. Serves the brilliant Oakham range of real ales and has some of the best cheap thai food in Peterborough. Job done.

Beat me to it, a cracking pint and the fodder is not too bad either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here