Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Coventry

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
We used an old pub called the Hastings when we were there a few weeks back. It's about a five minute walk from the ground and has seperate bars for home and away fans.

It is dark, dingy and the facilities are virtually non-existant (even the telly didn't work), but the staff are pleasant enough and the prices are OK.

The policing at Coventry was very low key, but there was no trouble reported. A few of us wandered into the wrong bar at the Hastings to start with, but the locals were fine even though the area was pretty rough-looking.

Some of the guys on our coach went to different pubs in the area and had a drink with the Coventry fans without any problems. I believe there is a Wetherspoons somewhere near the ground, and plenty of Cardiff fans were drinking in there before the game.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
will be up there for opening and will make a decision then but am most likely to head for town for beers unless on route I walk past a pub heaving with Brighton

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Most pubs in Coventry are shit. Fact.

The Earlsdon area has got a few decent ones, but its on the opposite side of town from Highfield Rd.

The Oak on Far Gosford Street is okay as well...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Laughing Bluebird said:
We used an old pub called the Hastings when we were there a few weeks back. It's about a five minute walk from the ground and has seperate bars for home and away fans.

It is dark, dingy and the facilities are virtually non-existant (even the telly didn't work), but the staff are pleasant enough and the prices are OK.

The policing at Coventry was very low key, but there was no trouble reported. A few of us wandered into the wrong bar at the Hastings to start with, but the locals were fine even though the area was pretty rough-looking.

Some of the guys on our coach went to different pubs in the area and had a drink with the Coventry fans without any problems. I believe there is a Wetherspoons somewhere near the ground, and plenty of Cardiff fans were drinking in there before the game.

LB Could you get a drink in the ground?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Ernest said:
I don't drink so does anyone know where the nearest Starbucks is to Highfield Rd so I can have a nice Frappe?

Man this is Coventry - I left uni there 2 years ago and there weren't any Starbucks, so don't get your hopes up...

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Buzza said:
Could you get a drink in the ground?

I honestly don't know, Buzza. A group of us stayed in the Hastings until about 15 minutes before kick off, walked over to the ground and went straight to our seats when we got there. I didn't notice if they had any bars open or not.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
OK Thanks anyway LB.

I'm driving so I was hoping to steer my crew straight into the ground. I will do some further research on the net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here