Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

public inquiry dates...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just to clarify - when MP says there is a 4 month inquiry process - does that mean 4 months from January, or 4 months from the initial meeting in mid November???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Four months from January 11th I'm sorry to say.

Oval Gull

Feb 5, 2004
London Irish said:
Read 3 posts back, Oval Gull.

Have done so. I don't share your total faith in the Labour govt to behave itself and not meddle in the affairs of civil/public sector servants (remember this is a govt that got involved in an illegal war, then got away with forcing the resignation of the BBC director general and chairman as a consequence of that war - and other instances show they really are capable of getting VERY involved with civil servants).

But my original point (and one which you have since gone very quiet about) is that we were all being told by the local Labour Party that we would have a result on the stadium by Christmas.

Maybe they are guilty of nothing else than wishful thinking, but they shouldn't mislead people on this kind of issue.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I stand by my claim that Labour should be ashamed...

The DPM is tasked with making a decsion, and seems incapable of doing so in a timely manner... he is the DPM... the 2nd most powerful man in the country... not a fcuking planning inspector, or you and me...

This process has taken far too long... argue with that!...

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Having a date now is better than not having one IMO. I'm not convinced that there will be a decision made staright after the end of the enquriy - surely it'll have to be written up, sent to the ODPM, and then read and digested - before anything is announced.

If it ends in May, I wouldn't expect a decision until July at the earliest, which will probably be after any election. But I don't think this is a conspiracy on behalf of the government in any way. If they were actually against the club or stadium they would have already said no. I think the Conservatives would have done, if they had been in power.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
b.w.2. said:
I stand by my claim that Labour should be ashamed...

The DPM is tasked with making a decsion, and seems incapable of doing so in a timely manner... he is the DPM... the 2nd most powerful man in the country... not a fcuking planning inspector, or you and me...

This process has taken far too long... argue with that!...

In their defence <shock horror cant believe I just said that>, as has been said a couple of times in the past, they have HUNDREDS of planning applications to deal with each year and whether you like it or not....ours/Falmer is JUST another one on the pile! Its not important like the immediate decision on a Hospital extension, its just another building plan.

(OK they are taking ages we all know that, but others may of/are waiting for ages too for their planning decision, my point is they have loads and we aint "Special" in anyway)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
JP passed a plan to set up a brothel in a house (neighbours not happy!!) somewhere pretty quickly... certainly more quickly than the Falmer application... is the brothel more important than an application supported by 70% of the Brighton population?... I think not...

Sorry about my temper... but I find the repeated delays extremely frustrating... :angry:

The real scandal lies with the fact that this Government sent young men and women to war(rightly or wrongly) at the drop of a hat.Yet people who just want to watch footbal in dry,decent surroundings are treated with such contempt,We now have to walk on eggshells so as not upset Jonny at the conference.
Well I say F*ck that lardy bastard,lets blockade the A23 on the 27th and not let the old tosser out until He says YES.:angry: :angry: .
and relax .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here