Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

public inquiry dates...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So the first available date for the Inquiry to re-open is 11th January 2005. FAR too close to the General Election for my liking - cos you can bet your life they'll fanny about so that decision comes in AFTER the General Election - with the implied threat that doing anything to rock the Labour boat may well have adverse consequences for Falmer. This sucks.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tom Hark said:
So the first available date for the Inquiry to re-open is 11th January 2005. FAR too close to the General Election for my liking - cos you can bet your life they'll fanny about so that decision comes in AFTER the General Election - with the implied threat that doing anything to rock the Labour boat may well have adverse consequences for Falmer. This sucks.

Lets help them then .... write to or email your local Labour MP pointing out that unless a YES is forthcoming BEFORE the election you won't vote for them.

I disagree - a firm date is fantastic news.

It is JP's office of ministerial advisers that will make this decision, not the fat f*** himself, who will merely rubber-stamp it. They will still be there even if JP gets reshuffled after a Gen Election, which Labour are going to walk.

SO CALM DOWN

Last edited:

:dunce:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are those that know about these things still certain that the ODPM's decisions and the politics of this Government are not intertwined ?:angry:

I sense a stitch up in the air.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
So what is it, only another 8 months to wait for a decision? After which the NIMBYs will appeal anyway.

SAKE :angry: :censored: :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Westdene Seagull said:
Lets help them then .... write to or email your local Labour MP pointing out that unless a YES is forthcoming BEFORE the election you won't vote for them.

Very good call.

The prospect of 60,000 spoiled votes with 'We Want Falmer' scrawled across the name of the Labour candidate might just nudge them into action.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
London Irish said:

I'm guessing that was aimed at me LI.

Not sure why using my democratic right to inform my elected representative of my view point makes me :dunce:

.... but there you go, can't please everyone. :p

Tom Hark said:
Very good call.

The prospect of 60,000 spoiled votes with 'We Want Falmer' scrawled across the name of the Labour candidate might just nudge them into action.

Now I can see you logic here. Caplin, Turner and Lepper are forced by the threat of being voted out of office into buying a sawn-off shotgun, they march down in unison to the planning office in Bristol and demand that their inspectors hold a super-quick inquiry, or the receptionist at the front desk of the planning office GETS IT.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This goes on and on...............FFS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
I disagree - a firm date is fantastic news.

Why, was there ever a chance there wouldn't EVENTUALLY be a firm date?

What's fantastic about it?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
Now I can see you logic here. Caplin, Turner and Lepper are forced by the threat of being voted out of office into buying a sawn-off shotgun, they march down in unison to the planning office in Bristol and demand that their inspectors hold a super-quick inquiry, or the receptionist at the front desk of the planning office GETS IT.

No. The prospect of Labour losing a strategic foothold in the South of England might just concentrate their minds a tad to speed the decision along. And just possibly head off any stitch-up they may have had in mind.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
London Irish said:

So what you're saying is that all the political pressure that has been brought to bear so far by the club and supporters was a complete waste of time ?

JP might "rubber stamp" the decision but he also has the power to over-rule. If he didn't then we would already have had the NO as recommended by the inspectors.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I used to be opptimistic but after the last delay and now the prospect of months till a decision I dont think we are ever going to get to Falmer. Weve been F*cked over good and proper and I dont think well find the funds to go through all this again with another site! :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here