Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Public Enemy

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Are they just about the best Rap band ever? I think so. Meaningful lyrics forceably delivered.

I am sitting in my office. None of the staff are in yet and some just came on from my ipod.........

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
They are pretty darn decent, not entirely my cup of tea genre wise but I still listen to their stuff everynow and then.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
It takes a nation of millions.....

Was one of my favorite albums when growing up still sounds good today

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Supported them at the Concorde a few years back and saw them at the Event a few years later. An incredible high-energy group. Chuck D is a very intelligent man.

It takes a nation of millions is an undeniable classic, and definately one of the best hip-hop albums ever made (until I finish mine, of course...)

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah Bwwwwwwwoyyyyy! Ha haaaa!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Supported them at the Concorde a few years back and saw them at the Event a few years later. An incredible high-energy group. Chuck D is a very intelligent man.

It takes a nation of millions is an undeniable classic, and definately one of the best hip-hop albums ever made (until I finish mine, of course...)

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah Bwwwwwwwoyyyyy! Ha haaaa!

I don't know how old you are, but were you at their Brighton Centre gigs from 87 to 90? Amazing nights. Playing Off-Road with 3rd Base in the Crystal Room, nervously meeting Chuck and Flav, getting punched in the face by some neanderthal who walked into me.

I have to choose 10 songs to play at my mate's wedding in a couple of weeks. Welcome to the Terrordome will be one of them.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Meade's_Ball said:
I don't know how old you are, but were you at their Brighton Centre gigs from 87 to 90? Amazing nights. Playing Off-Road with 3rd Base in the Crystal Room, nervously meeting Chuck and Flav, getting punched in the face by some neanderthal who walked into me.

I have to choose 10 songs to play at my mate's wedding in a couple of weeks. Welcome to the Terrordome will be one of them.

Unfortunately I wasn't old enough to be at the Brighton Centre gigs, which is a shit 'cause I was well into my 3rd Bass who supported them at one I think.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Unfortunately I wasn't old enough to be at the Brighton Centre gigs, which is a shit 'cause I was well into my 3rd Bass who supported them at one I think.

Yeah they supported in 90 i think.
I beat them at Off-Road and they gave me the gas face.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Meade's_Ball said:
Yeah they supported in 90 i think.
I beat them at Off-Road and they gave me the gas face.

Ha ha ha ha :lolol:

Kick 'em in the grill, Pete.

E

enigma

The best political hip-hop group of all time easily- strong messages with powerful music.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
enigma said:
The best political hip-hop group of all time easily- strong messages with powerful music.

Chuck D has just done a track with Immortal Technique. If you like political rap, you should check him out. Its Public Enemy for the 21st Century.

E

enigma

D'Angelo Saxon said:
Chuck D has just done a track with Immortal Technique. If you like political rap, you should check him out. Its Public Enemy for the 21st Century.

Yeah I heard about that Immortal Technique guy will have to check him out. Everyone I know is talkin about Mike Jones, haven't heard him yet.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
enigma said:
Yeah I heard about that Immortal Technique guy will have to check him out. Everyone I know is talkin about Mike Jones, haven't heard him yet.

Don't see the attraction of Mike Jones. Its just sub-standard gangsta shit in my opinion. Alright for playing in the car, but no amazing lyrics or anything.

E

enigma

D'Angelo Saxon said:
Don't see the attraction of Mike Jones. Its just sub-standard gangsta shit in my opinion. Alright for playing in the car, but no amazing lyrics or anything.

Fair enough, I haven't heard him to be honest. I'm liking Sway a lot at the moment-very funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here