Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub chav ban

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Some trendy bar in Cheltenham has banned all chavs ('No Burberry/trainers/shell suits') from its premises after loads of trouble and other - posher - clientele complaining.

Is this a blow for commonsense - or a gross violation of the rights of the working class?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Tooting Gull said:
Is this a blow for commonsense - or a gross violation of the rights of the working class?

Given that you have no legal "right" to be on licensed premises, it's not a violation of any rights.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Pub chav ban

Grendel said:
Given that you have no legal "right" to be on licensed premises, it's not a violation of any rights.

Good, sensible answer.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
to get into the weatherspoons in hastings you have to be over 65, its very frightening in there

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If they banned those wearing fake Burberry would there be anyone in there with the Burberry pattern on?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
what if you're a toff with a burberry lined coat or similar? I see plenty around the posher parts of South west London. Would you chuck them out as well? and if not is that discrimination?!?

serious issues here

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Stinky Kat said:
to get into the weatherspoons in hastings you have to be over 65, its very frightening in there

Think you're thinking of Eastbourne with the over 65 age limit, but nonethless the one in Hastings is indeed very frightening. Not as bad as the chav meathead stomping ground that is the Yates over the road though.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Surely every landlord has the right to refuse service to anyone entering his premises, whether that be because they are already drunk, causing aggro or offending the other customers. I can't say that I find burberry offensive, however some of the people who chose to wear it are a different matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here