Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pseudonyms for newbies

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"get rid" = "i have judged this player after seeing them for 20 mins/what i heard from a mate who was drunk while at the game"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
1) "GOLD": a thread so amusing that somebody wants it moved to the specific "NSC Gold" forum where you will see some delightful examples. In particular; HineyArt, bhaexpress acting like a 12 year old after losing his rag over recruitment agents, a couple of top joke threads, and a gobby post from a stockport fan who foolishly left his personal details with the consequence of taxis and pizzas turning up at his door for the next 12 hours.

2) If someone calls you "a legend", it does NOT mean you will go down in folklore. It actually means that somebody considers you untouchable because you spent 15 mins mocking up a crap picture of a two club scarf or something else similarly trivial.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
NSC Bully / NSC Mafia (member of) - Insult to be used when someone points out the flaws in your argument and you know you lack the ability to argue back.

'Just Fishing' - An expression used by intellectually inferior posters. When your original argument has been roundly destroyed you simply claim that you were merely 'fishing' for reaction and everybody who answered has simply been suckered in.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
TCB - a moronic idiot that has nothing positive to say. In fact the persons glass isn't even half empty, it has a dribble left, a chip in the top and lipstick round the rim.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Oh - and when you start don't try and make out that somehow you are somehow different from the rest of NSC. It is a bit like Animal Farm where the pigs end up looking like the farmers.

And if you find yourself continually making the same point or looking for the same argument - just do not bother posting.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
NSC Bully / NSC Mafia (member of) - Insult to be used when someone points out the flaws in your argument and you know you lack the ability to argue back.

'Just Fishing' - An expression used by intellectually inferior posters. When your original argument has been roundly destroyed you simply claim that you were merely 'fishing' for reaction and everybody who answered has simply been suckered in.

This

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
A "Simon Simon" = A political post/diatribe of left-wing persuasion.

note : NEVER to be used in any kind of wider footballing context.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If you see a thread with a big red exclamation mark next to it it doesn't mean it's really important, it just means the poster is a bit of an attention seeker and is trying to be hilarious

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
ketchup.jpg

or "sauce"

= Source

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
MONG a bit of a plum

MILF can't believe that this hasn't been mentioned, I'll let buzzer explain this one:blush:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Spuds - Tottenham Hotspur

ManUre - Manchetser United

Chelski - Chelsea

Scum - Crystal Palace (and NO OTHER team)

SCC -South Coast Club (formally known as Southampton)

Borient - Leyton Orient

and lots more, but the use of these terms "may" get you into trouble :angel:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
were = where [and vice-versa]

of = have [as in 'should of', 'could of' etc.]
We need a term for someone who posts on a thread without checking that their point has already been made!

(And yes, I've done it myself!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here