Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ps3 vs xbox 360

ps3 or xbox 360

• Total voters

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm getting a PS3 in January, as it has better exclusive titles, doesn't have the false economy of the subscription for xbox live, and it has a blu-ray built in

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Yoda

English & European
doesn't have the false economy of the subscription for xbox live,
Something else I think the new version has free.
and it has a blu-ray built in
The only BIG difference between the two machines now.

Looking at upgrading mine either before, or straight after the new year, along with Kinect.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
xBox for me. PS3 controllers drive me mad and are so out of date in every way. Ruins the whole console for me.

Not looking to get into a binfest but how comes you think there out of date? They may look the same but they are different to the original PS pads.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not got either but having played on both the PS3 controller does my head in for some reason, can't really put my finger on why though

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I have both the PS3 and Xbox and IMO the PS3 is better by a country mile.

Until just recently I hadn't played my Xbox for 6 months, then I just purchased the Kinect (an early christmas present to myself) and however ever good that experience is, the PS3 is still top dog!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Had both, the Xbox gatherd dust. Sold it.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Not looking to get into a binfest but how comes you think there out of date? They may look the same but they are different to the original PS pads.

Just in the way that modern controllers including the xBox pads fit nicely into your hands and feel comfortable with every button easily reached. With the PS3 pads I just get an uncomfortable, clunky feel to them, the sticks are in weird positions and they just look horrific IMO. Just not a fan, simple as, but each to their own. Maybe I've just got strange mitts :shrug:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'll agree that when I owned the 360 I did like the pad but at times it just seemed chunky and annoying. I like the sleekness of the PS3 pad. Maybe I've just got mini hands but it fits me nicely.

Simple preference just dont get why some people wont buy a PS3 because of a pad!

On another note anyone used the PS move yet? Looks brilliant. Might buy it in with time crisis in the jan sales if its going.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can it be "no contest at all" when quite clearly (and rightly) most people prefer the PS3.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Wow, this thread again.

Maybe its just a case of whatever the person feels more accustomed to, my friend prefers the PS3 as he says Xbox live was worse, I don't have an Xbox, but that doesn't stop it from being a good console, some of the Online capabilities are better than the PS3 and the Xbox has some pretty good exclusives, the PS3 has some good exclusives too and its main online system is for free.

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Just in the way that modern controllers including the xBox pads fit nicely into your hands and feel comfortable with every button easily reached. With the PS3 pads I just get an uncomfortable, clunky feel to them, the sticks are in weird positions and they just look horrific IMO. Just not a fan, simple as, but each to their own. Maybe I've just got strange mitts :shrug:

I think you must do!! I DESPISE X-box controllers, they are horrible horrible things.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
With the PS3 pads I just get an uncomfortable, clunky feel to them, the sticks are in weird positions and they just look horrific IMO. Just not a fan, simple as, but each to their own. Maybe I've just got strange mitts :shrug:
Me too got both and can't get on with PS3 controllers

Simple preference just dont get why some people wont buy a PS3 because of a pad!
If you're buying a console to play games then it is kinda important!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here