Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PS3 Price Drop

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Seeing as there are no up to date F1 games out I'm not interested in a PS3 or 360 yet. Only play Footy games and F1. Don't have time for anything else usually. And no way is Pro Evo worth over £300 cos thats all Id use it for!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Something tells me a third party is going to "do a Bleemcast" on this as goes backcompatibility (Bleemcast let you play Playstation 1 games on a Dreamcast but Sony sued it out of existance), would be interesting if it was done and ran on both PS3 and 360...

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Sony missed a trick when they overpriced the PS3 on launch, and also didnt market its features very well?

they could have blown Microsoft out of the game.. good on the Wee lads to keep it real.

I'l have any set for Xmas though.

pretty please.:ascarf:

It was pricey if you view it as just a games console. But given that its also a blu-ray player, media centre and a fully-fledged PC if you download and install linux, then its a steal.
The new stipped down version is bloody ridiculous. The features they have trimmed save them next to nothing in manufacturing costs, and the machine is now missing 2 USB ports - madness.

As far as backwards compatibility is concerned, it is probably an issue at the moment, until the PS3 games catalogue grows, but as the console is due to be around for the best part of 10 years (according to Sony) then this issue will gradually disappear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here