Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PS3 Help required.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
How can you call the PS3 an "inferior" console?? It is more reliable AND more powerful than its nearest competitor the Xbox 360, not to mention the fact that it offers FREE online gaming AND has a built in BBC iPlayer app to allow free streaming of BBC programmes. And you've even mentioned the fact it boasts a Blu Ray player, unlike the 360

There is no question over which machine is better

Amen to that!:thumbsup:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Oh and just in case any further evidence were required, might I direct you to Metacritic's Best Games of 2009 awards?

The Best Games of 2009 - Metacritic

Not only does the PS3 come top of the format charts:

2009 Game Platform Power Rankings

1 Playstation 3
2 PC
3 Xbox 360
4 PSP
5 Nintendo DS
6 Wii

BUT you will also see that GAME OF THE YEAR Uncharted 2 is a PS3 exclusive.

You are DELUDED if you think the 360 holds anything over the MIGHTY PS3 dream machine and NO I don't work for Sony and YES I have owned both consoles for fair comparison

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Excellent work Seven Stands. I've used DemandFive on the PS3 before but never had any luck with Channel 4. That is a BRILLIANT feature to have available.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Havnt read through the whole post but if you hold down the power button for a few secs it resets the console

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Even more awesome. Just what I was after as I can't pickup Dave through my satellite or aerial

Hurrah for the glorious PS3

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
sounds like your video settings reset. do you use the hdmi or scart output? plug in the scart sockets into the ps3 and into the telly and press the power button for 3 seconds when you turn it on and be on the right av channel. then reset your visual settings.

if that dusnt work and your within warranty, just ring sony, and theyll give u a replacement console without much hassle (did it for me even tho i was out of warranty for a noise issue)

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Oh and just in case any further evidence were required, might I direct you to Metacritic's Best Games of 2009 awards?

The Best Games of 2009 - Metacritic

Not only does the PS3 come top of the format charts:

2009 Game Platform Power Rankings

1 Playstation 3
2 PC
3 Xbox 360
4 PSP
5 Nintendo DS
6 Wii

BUT you will also see that GAME OF THE YEAR Uncharted 2 is a PS3 exclusive.

You are DELUDED if you think the 360 holds anything over the MIGHTY PS3 dream machine and NO I don't work for Sony and YES I have owned both consoles for fair comparison

So you think that chart is an accurate representation of anything? Psp beats ds? You must be having a laugh.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
PS3 is the SHIZ. Unchartered 2 is so good I nearly cried. The Blu-Ray is stupendous, and BBC i-player is a joy to use. Plus all the free online content, none of that subscription bollocks. Just an all-round fantastic bit of kit, and its blacky shineyness looks EVIL on my black glass cabinet.

I wouldn't touch an X-Box with a shitty stick.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
PS3 is the SHIZ. Unchartered 2 is so good I nearly cried. The Blu-Ray is stupendous, and BBC i-player is a joy to use. Plus all the free online content, none of that subscription bollocks. Just an all-round fantastic bit of kit, and its blacky shineyness looks EVIL on my black glass cabinet.

I wouldn't touch an X-Box with a shitty stick.

But aside from the few exclusives, every game looks better on the 360. And they are free if you flash the machine, which is handy.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Add to the fact the PS3 is wireless out of the box, where as you need a £50 adapter to your Xbox 360 to do that.

Must say I have a 360 as well, which I hardly use. My Xbox live sub ran out recently and I haven't bothered to renew it.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
So you think that chart is an accurate representation of anything? Psp beats ds? You must be having a laugh.

Well considering Metacritic rounds up reviews and rating from ALL of the major gaming sites I'd say their opinion is pretty valid, yes.

Face it, whilst the Xbox came out first and used to have more of the games to boast about it has subsequently lost out to the superiority of the PS3. As Easy says Uncharted 2 is one of the most unbelievably stunning looking games ever created and nothing on the 360 comes close.

The argument is over, the PS3 has won. YOU must be having a laugh if you still think it's even a contest.

NOBODY in their right mind would choose an Xbox 360 over a PS3 - there are just so many things tipping the balance in favour of the PS3. Not only is it better hardware but it now boasts better software too AND we haven't even mentioned the crisply silent running of the PS3 compared to the right royal racket the 360 makes as it takes off... I mean turns on

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But aside from the few exclusives, every game looks better on the 360. And they are free if you flash the machine, which is handy.

I've not seen anything on the X-Box that looks better than Unchartered 2 (on a HDTV). The most visually jaw-dropping game I have ever seen, on any format. Spectacular doesn't even BEGIN to do it justice.

I'm not saying the X-Box is no good, its obviously an excellent console as well. But there's just too much else going on with the PS3 that makes it the best.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
WERD to that.

Have you finished Uncharted 2 yet Easy? Real testament to the game is how long it took me to reach the end, as opposed to Modern Warfare which was over in a few hours.

The level on the speeding train has seemingly limitless replay value too, it's just EPIC fun

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
WERD to that.

Have you finished Uncharted 2 yet Easy? Real testament to the game is how long it took me to reach the end, as opposed to Modern Warfare which was over in a few hours.

The level on the speeding train has seemingly limitless replay value too, it's just EPIC fun

I'm about 60% through (battling the missus with her bloody Ratchet & Clank). That train level is stupendous - found meself just standing there looking at the scenary flying past a lot of the time. What a BASTARD that commando was near the end, he took me AGES. Done the snowy rock-climbing, now I'm scrapping my way through that village.

Top, top entertainment.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I'm so jealous of you, there's still SO much more to come.

I wish more games companies would take a leaf out of Naughty Dog's book and create games like this which really take time to get through, with every SECOND unbelievably good fun along the way.

The thing is I'm just not motivated by online play so once I've exhausted the single player missions a game is largely redundant to me. More time and effort should be put into providing for the solo player.

All the Call of Duty games, as much fun as they are, can be completed within just a few hours and for me this doesn't represent good value.

Give me an Uncharted 2, Fallout 3 or Final Fantasy VII any day of the week

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Looking forward to Heavy Rain coming out next month.

Haven't even started Uncharted 2 as I haven't finished the first one yet. Been playing Fallout 3 and now Dragon Age: Origins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here