Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prove you're not a plastic, England, JCL, here

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
can see us toughing out a result against italy.....not sure about spain, think that's as far as we get on what i've seen.
So you think the final is as far as we can go. Not a bad effort then.

Market Porter

Or The Globe
Feb 14, 2008
South Walk
Hi agin. Back hom from Donetsk to kyiv wif boys cruesdar. I arm JCLNow englands nock up my Ukraine boys. Happi be to. See sundays gem varsis italia win luck goot. Bie.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I said that i'm a club over country man and i still am but i am happy we've done better than i expected and i am happy whenever we win.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I've been quietly confident all Tournament long. I've never known us to go into a Tournament, with no Optismism or Expectations on us to even get anywhere near the Quarters Final or let alone win the Group, with the squad that Hodgson put together with the amount of Injuries we sustained. In Roy we Trust, bring on the Italians!!! :clap2:

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Think we should just enjoy the ride now. Quarter-final against Italy - winnable - and losing semi-finalist is no disgrace if that happens. Losing QF ?? About our level in either World Cup or Euro. In the true knock-outs now anything can happen - boring games won or lost on penalties - or the drama of getting someone sent off and living through a game without the full eleven players. Reminds you of Chelsea in the Champions League again - no expectation but they pulled it off. If the really unexpected happens and we win the Euros, does it make us the most accomplished football nation in Europe ? Probably not - but I for one am going to enjoy it whatever happens.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think the likes of myself [MENTION=15657]mello[/MENTION]torn [MENTION=943]Chesney Christ[/MENTION] etc need to post in this thread. It is funny watchnig the 'I wont watch England' muppets on here try to weasle their way back now we're doing well (yes plastic is correct term - I remember a few yrs back i said many on here acted like plastic Man U fans when it came to England and I got shot down - I was indeed correct)...

Yes that's an unusually arrogant post and yes i'm well on my high horse... But I deserve it :lol: :thumbsup:

I wouldn't class myself as a JCL, more a returning fan.

Wasn't in the slightest interested before it started and now have some enthusiasm back.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Wasn't in the slightest interested before it started and now have some enthusiasm back.

Similar for me although enthusiasm is where it stops too. I support Brighton, I'm a Brighton STH but I don't follow England, or any International team. Happy to see them do well though (apart from Terry).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Although I feel and preached that people like you should never have 'given up' it is good to hear that this 'new look' England is getting enthusiasm back for people. Fair play for admitting it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But I deserve it :lol: :thumbsup:

Yes you do. Proper England fans take a lot of shit from those who fashionably slag off England from a distance, similar to being a Brighton fan amongst Top 4 plastics sometimes. f*** em.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can definitely see from the outside that the youngsters coming through are eminently more likeable than the last crop though, I will admit that much.

Hart
Walker
Wilshere
Cleverley
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Walcott
Sturridge
Welbeck

Future's bright, there are some technically intelligent ball players in there.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Been to 6 tournaments with England between 1980 and 2000, but stopped going after Euro 2000.

I still 'support' the English team as much as ever, even if my expectations are somewhat lower than they used to be.

At least Hodgson seems to have brought some pride and togetherness back into the squad.

FWIW I think we'll beat the Italians on Sunday, it won't be pretty, free flowing football, but I think we'll win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't think the likes of myself [MENTION=15657]mello[/MENTION]torn [MENTION=943]Chesney Christ[/MENTION] etc need to post in this thread. It is funny watchnig the 'I wont watch England' muppets on here try to weasle their way back now we're doing well (yes plastic is correct term - I remember a few yrs back i said many on here acted like plastic Man U fans when it came to England and I got shot down - I was indeed correct)...

Yes that's an unusually arrogant post and yes i'm well on my high horse... But I deserve it :lol: :thumbsup:
Thank you for using the thread, as it was intended.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
can see us toughing out a result against italy.....not sure about spain, think that's as far as we get on what i've seen.
think we can beat italy..........cant see us getting anything from spain or germany , happy to be proved wrong.
I agree about Germany, but I think you forgot the fixtures when you said you thought Spain was as far as we'd get.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes you do. Proper England fans take a lot of shit from those who fashionably slag off England from a distance, similar to being a Brighton fan amongst Top 4 plastics sometimes. f*** em.

How do you define a 'proper' England fan?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How do you define a 'proper' England fan?

Those who don't pick up and drop England when it suits them, again, exactly like plastic Top 4 fans.

Also, I define a "proper" English fan as someone for whom it is not a CHOICE to support their country.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Those who don't pick up and drop England when it suits them, again, exactly like plastic Top 4 fans.

Also, I define a "proper" English fan as someone for whom it is not a CHOICE to support their country.

Does thinking we are not going to do very well constitute 'dropping' England?

Because that is mostly what I've read and heard from people. If that is what you mean by dropping England then i am guilty as charged and have been for many years.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does thinking we are not going to do very well constitute 'dropping' England?

Because that is mostly what I've read and heard from people. If that is what you mean by dropping England then i am guilty as charged and have been for many years.

No that's not dropping England at all. Although the mindless negativity does get f***ing boring after a while and can be self-fulfilling sometimes I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here