Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proudest day as an Albion fan

I'm at Solent Uni in Southampton so the stripes will be on display later today!!

One of coursemates is saints fan so he won't hear the end of it from me for a few days!!

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
It just felt different today. To look to the dugout and see an athletic looking manager in an Italian suit with a bit of credibility and history about him. To see him getting the players to calm down after the first five minutes. It just seemed 'fresh'.

Sorry - shit post - I'm just still on a buzz

Not at all. A post so good you had to post it twice!

S E A G U L L S ! ! ! ! !

See, mine was much worse. :facepalm:

On a serious note, I totally agree. Any reservations I had about Gus' lack of experience in a managerial role evaporated when I watched the press conference. He's full of confidence, is highly rated as a player and coach, and has impeccable contacts in the game. I almost wrote a new chant when he started talking about his mates Zola and Di Matteo. From our Manager! Somebody pinch me!

Holm

Nov 15, 2009
London
Welcome, Holm. The phenomenon of some Scandinavians preferring British teams to their own is well known, and I was wondering why this is. Also, why did you choose us, and what position are we in the clubs that you like?

Well, I support my own team in Denmark too (Brøndby). A big part of us in Denmark, were raised in front of a tv-screen every saturday/sunday watching british football. I started following Brighton, after i played them in an old Football Manager. All my freinds supported Spurs, Liverpool, QPR, Man U and Stoke. Brighton just felt like a team for me.

I guess i put Brighton behind my own Danish club.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I've never posted before but I had too today to say that as an Albion fan who has grown up and lived surrounded by scummers, today was the proudest I have ever felt as a fan. As fans we outsung them and on the pitch, to a man, we outplayed them. Absolutely awesome. This game meant so much to me and the players did not let me down. I really hope we can build on this and enjoy more days like today. I love being a Brighton fan!

Hopefully you will have heard lots of Albion songs being sung very loudly under the railway bridge & down Paxton Road. If not, I wasn't loud enough! If you walk past the Lord Arthur Lee this afternoon, there will be an old guy sat in the window wearing his stripes. You'll have to be quick though as his curfew ends at 6.30pm :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here