Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proud And Prejudiced - C4, Now

D

Deleted member 22389

For the last 8 years I have been living up in Luton and living down here. I have never once seen these guys in town.

Yes there is a very large Muslim community, but I have never seen any problems. 99% of the people are friendly and just want to get on with their lives.

Unfortunately like any religion you are always going to get a hardcore group of fanatics. I am afraid it is groups like this that seem to get all the press and tarnish the name of their religion in the rest of the UK.

What they have been doing is wrong, but I think they have been closed down from promoting this on the streets.

And for me personally, I feel suffocated in Luton. You just can't beat that fresh air of the Sussex coast and the sound of Sussex by the sea. I am so lucky to be born in Brighton and can escape lol.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
The Muslim lot are coming across as nothing but a very small bunch of unthreatening cranks with few people listening.

Exactly......................this country has nothing to fear from small bunches of islamic extremists........................nothing at all.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Exactly......................this country has nothing to fear from small bunches of islamic extremists........................nothing at all.

Good shout CF. That was underlined at the end of the programme with the thinly veiled (see what I did there!) threat from Sayful Islam confirming that if his lot continue not to get listened too, then dont be surprised if more 7/7s occur.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Oh dear god!!!

Make that image go away:cry:

Attachments

• oh dear!!.jpg
    oh dear!!.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 53

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Can you realy put trust in to groups of ADULTS who are arguing about who has the best imaginary freind, they should all start to grow up if they beleive any of the shit they spouted they would have no prejudice for anyone either side, or any religous fraction what so ever

Feb 21, 2012
Shame on them, how embarressing, please make it go away

Never going to be easy solutions to the issues raised on last nights show. Sadly if the government take a hard line with these groups then they will be accused of being no better than say the Chinese government. In a democracy such as ours everyone has a voice, and everyone has a right to use that voice. Quite often it is the voice of the extremist minority that is heard the most.

In my opinion, the best thing anyone can do is to ignore them. The press should stop giving these people a platform (both sides). If the Muslims Against Crusades (or whatever alias they now have) are a genuine threat to our national security then I have faith that the MoD will deal with them. If they want to continue shouting their vitriol through loudspeakers outside Luton Arndale Centre then so be it. As long as they are not exploding on a tube or doing anything unlawful then I\'m not particularly interested. I\'m sure if the Muslim extremists were not here then the EDL would still exist in some form or other, it would just be against something else. It may not be the same leaders but it would be made up of roughly the same members.

As someone said above, life is too short for all these shennanigans. If everyone ignores this tedious bollocks they will melt away before long.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
two people, two religions, two idiots. End of thread.

The EDL is an ideology not a religion. It's stupid whatever it is and I'm just arguing semantics.

Anyway, what you've got is a group of misguided Muslims preaching an extremist version of a religion based on peace and a bunch of idiots who have organised themselves into a largely ridiculed and reviled political movement as a response to the "extremist threat".

Neither sect should be taken seriously and all programs like the one last night served to do was give them more un-deserved attention.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Ignoring the nutters, on all sides, seems a fine idea.....except look at the lessons from history and 1930's Germany.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I personally do not think that Sayful chap is a threat. This is my point.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Good shout CF. That was underlined at the end of the programme with the thinly veiled (see what I did there!) threat from Sayful Islam confirming that if his lot continue not to get listened too, then dont be surprised if more 7/7s occur.
Yaxley or whatever his name is did the exact same on Newsnight a while back. These guys are highly unlikely to do anything themselves but use the fact that some nutters might to spread their ideologies of hatred and fear.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you a descendant of Neville Chamberlain ?

I appreciate you're so paranoid you see anyone with a tan as a benefit pinching terrorist but I really do not think he is a threat, and neither do the authorities it seems. If I was a member of the anti-terrorist squad Id be looking elsewhere.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011

What !!!
It hardly takes an army to cause an explosion in a crowded area does it ?

Look what what 1 nutjob did in Norway recently.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Oh dear god!!!

Make that image go away:cry:

bald bloke in the middle is a mate of mine, didn't know he was into all that !!! In fact I didn't know there was EDL in Brighton...... Shows how much I know don't it lol

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
The EDL is an ideology not a religion. It's stupid whatever it is and I'm just arguing semantics.

Anyway, what you've got is a group of misguided Muslims preaching an extremist version of a religion based on peace and a bunch of idiots who have organised themselves into a largely ridiculed and reviled political movement as a response to the "extremist threat"
Neither sect should be taken seriously and all programs like the one last night served to do was give them more un-deserved attention.

Yeah I think I agree with that, I do take it as a very big insult that there are exremist elements of the Muslim community that are spouting off that england should become a state governed by shariah law but let's face it, it's never going to happen so these dicks can shout all they want, even regular Muslims don't want anything to do with these clowns

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well, thats it isnt it...On one side you have a tiny group of muslim halfwits seeking attention and wishing for Sharia in the UK. Something that is never going to happen. In fact, theres only a couple of Islamic states that actually have Sharia Law as state law, and on the other hand, you have a group of fecking football hooligans, who believe its ok to be football hooligans under the cloak of 'politics'... The tiny group MAC and whatever they call themselves now are ludicrous...the fact they have convinced around 5000 idiots to support EDL
(to stop sharia law coming to the UK) shows another level of stupidity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here