Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
when i clicked on the link they were the three top stories ........i think you will find that spousal abuse is off the scale amongst the indigenous , but then again i have been hammered for putting that forward , if only the brains trust of NSC could get into parliament , you obviously have an answer to everything ...:rolleyes:
I don't have an answer as to how to stop people believing bollocks, clearly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The foreign aid budget to the extent one exists is simply British taxpayers money; given the level of debt this country is in its just as accurate to suggest that the budget is part of the interminable debt burden British taxpayers are locked into, therefore ANY money spaffed abroad (whether in Ukraine, or other shithole) is evidently not an economic benefit to the British taxpayer, like a tax cut would be.

Put another way, to cut aid to British pensioners whilst continuing lavish money on people who have arrived and not put a bean in the pot is politically stupid or maybe it’s a deliberate sign of who the Labour Party cares most about.
That sentence is possibly the most ignorant thing I have ever read on this forum.

And we used to have a member called Das Reich.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve lived in London for over 30 years and never had an issue. Yet I know plenty of people that have unfortunately. It may be because of my appearance I normally get searched at airport security when I go on holiday for no apparent reason it actually pisses me off.
You look like a wrong un :lolol:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Yes, the obligation is a requirement of being in the United Nations.

It does make me chuckle that all of a sudden, everyone cares about 'poor' pensioners. Nobody was bothered about them until July.
The poor pensioners will still get their Winter Fuel Allowance, but the better off won't.
Depends how you define "poor". A single pensioner on £220 per week will lose £500 or £600 income compared with last year, which is quite a difference. Especially if they were on pensioner credit last year but not this, in which case they will already have lost free TV licence and other benefits.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

You look like a wrong un :lolol:
That’s what my Missus says 🤣in Prague airport I was taken to a room and had to strip down to my boxers utterly ridiculous. She was pissing herself laughing I then get no apology from the customs guys and just made the flight.
The rest of the passengers probably whispering drug dealer 🙄

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
That sentence is possibly the most ignorant thing I have ever read on this forum.

Truly shameful.

Suspect we know what colour shirt he would have been wearing 90 years ago, just replace Poles, French, Jews for Ukrainians.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The one thing that the Mail / Express / Sun and Torygraph, along with GBeebies have in common is that they want their readers or viewers to be absolutely terrified. Pretty much all their income from people desperate to be scared into submission. It's truly astonishing.
A dreadful example of gaslighting by the Daily Mail today. A large picture of Abdullah, a small picture of the actual criminal (face hidden) and large font KNIFED AT RANDOM
Leicester Square knifeman.

No mention of him being the hero!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
From Stephen Bush's email newsletter this morning (nb: Stephen Bush is Associate Editor of the FT, and always worth a read):

"The big picture reason why immigration causes UK governments a political headache is that most British voters repeatedly say that immigration is too high, and will vote for parties promising to reduce it. But they then oppose pretty much all specific levers governments might pull to actually reduce any of those flows. Nor has the British electorate ever demonstrated a real willingness to bear higher costs as a result of lower immigration." Then - a great example of how we all feel about one of the measures the last government brought in to try to reduce immigration:

survey-result.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A dreadful example of gaslighting by the Daily Mail today. A large picture of Abdullah, a small picture of the actual criminal (face hidden) and large font KNIFED AT RANDOM

That’s very dangerous.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Sadly @cunning fergus has fallen straight into a Russian sponsored, far right conspiracy rabbit hole.

I honestly preferred the cut and paste digs at taking the knee and statue tipping to the current tin foil hat, fascist madness.

Perhaps he's stressed at work.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That’s very dangerous.
And, I discovered today, prosecutable.

It looks like there is a law concerning miss-information that can lead to dangerous situations.

There is a few newspapers who should be up before the beak in my opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And, I discovered today, prosecutable.

It looks like there is a law concerning miss-information that can lead to dangerous situations.

There is a few newspapers who should be up before the beak in my opinion.
Another insert has now been added by the Mail - Hero security guard.

They know what they’re doing!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Earlier in the thread someone was claiming the Mail and the Guardian were comparable in quality.

Disgusting.

After the two examples posted on the last couple of pages I wonder if they still think the same.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I agree London doesn't feel any less safe than, say, 10 years ago. I've lived here for 25 years, albeit, in mostly nice areas but have never come across any trouble.

However saadiq khan is hopeless. He's wasted so much money since he's been in and seems to be universally hated yet still there. This article is a couple of years old but a pretty good summation of his failings.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree London doesn't feel any less safe than, say, 10 years ago. I've lived here for 25 years, albeit, in mostly nice areas but have never come across any trouble.

However saadiq khan is hopeless. He's wasted so much money since he's been in and seems to be universally hated yet still there. This article is a couple of years old but a pretty good summation of his failings.

Yet, despite being universally hated, was re-elected this year.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Universally hated yet won 3 elections at a canter 🤔

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here